This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13504 July 22nd, 2003 at 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 Asiatic lilies....here is my question.....about a couple of weeks ago I noticed that 2 of them were completely stripped of any greenery.....they have all already flowered....my mom has a ton of them and when hers are done flowering for the year they still stay green....mine don't have anything on them at all.....just brown......kind of like something may have stripped them....mom came and looked at them and said it looked like something ate them, but I don't know what it could've been....they were beautiful for quite a while....it just kind of happened overnight.....any ideas???? There really aren't any deer around here....I live in a town.....don't know what would've gotten the urge to eat them.....unless it is a disease, I have other plants growing in that section that are fine though.....It is just those 3 lilies......don't quite know what to make of it..... frown

#13505 July 22nd, 2003 at 08:03 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Slugs or snails? Thats usually the culprit when my lilies get munched...

#13506 July 22nd, 2003 at 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would they have totally stipped them??? The long stalk is now brown with no leaves at all......I have a hosta right in the front of them that looks fine.....This has gotten me stumped.....

#13507 July 22nd, 2003 at 09:25 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Have you checked underground? Catlover :rolleyes:

#13508 July 22nd, 2003 at 09:57 PM
F
F
Sounds like slugs to me...
There is Hosta that is supposed to be slug resistent...

Don't feel bad,I'm losing a camellia bush right now... It's been in the ground 2 years. Has all the sighns of root rot, no sign of voles or moles....

#13509 July 23rd, 2003 at 04:35 AM
Loz,
Ya its got be those nasty little slugs..They can clean a plant in one nite are heck in a few seconds..
When i find those little buggers i just squish them till they can't yell help any longer.But don't worry they will come back next year..They could come back up sooner.Good luck...

#13510 July 23rd, 2003 at 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the replies everyone.....guess those slugs are going to have a full out war with me now....they'd better watch out.... wink

#13511 July 28th, 2003 at 11:44 AM
E
E
Hi I am new on theblock Here in England we have a lily beetle I have never seen it but I believe it is very tiny and red in colour this beetlr devastates all Lilys The only cure is to watch and destroy as soon as you notice it I have had one pot of three where all the leaves have gone broen and one stem rotted off But have not seen the beetle. I did wonder weather it was water Sorry cannot be more help Bye smile

#13512 July 28th, 2003 at 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edith I have never heard of that before....my last lily that was hanging on with a few leaves left has finally gone downhill with the rest of them....there is absolutely nothing left on them....no green anywhere....it is so sad....where about in england do you live???? I grew up in Stretford and moved to the US when I was 7....

Link Copied to Clipboard