This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#135075 December 8th, 2005 at 08:14 AM
OP Offline
We all have talents other than gardening I'm sure. I have several "semi- hidden" talents that I really don't reveal very openly but hope to use them for a carreer someday. I am a singer which is not a hidden talent bc my second job is a club singer. But a hidden talent of mine is my acting skills. Back in highschool I was always cast the part I auditioned for... My first real play ( in 7th grade) I got the role that 5 out of 7 girls in my class auditioned for. I also have strange ability for lacrosse. What about your talents?

#135076 December 10th, 2005 at 06:10 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
tarot cards.

#135077 December 10th, 2005 at 08:32 PM
T
T
I'm a drummer (haven't played in about 18 years though), play guitar a bit. Amateur astronomer, meteorite collector.

Tom

#135078 December 12th, 2005 at 07:11 AM
OP Offline
Drum and guitar... that's really cool. I must say I play guitar. I'm alright but I don't have much time for it. My little brother's great at guitar and he's only 15. But I've always wanted to play the drums... intense

#135079 December 12th, 2005 at 08:29 AM
I played the violin for about 15 yrs. as well as piano, have written a few gospel songs lyrics and melody : sold 1> I co-wrote and is recorded,and currantly playing:I wrote a song for my Best Friend of 32 yrs, sang it to her 2 months before she lost her battle with cancer,and again at her funeral.
Not a lot of people know I write music, very few as a matter of fact,(as far as family and close friends go anyway) that's my own private passion ,But I've been writing for years short stories, poems, that many know about,, But Music has always been one of my passions.. thumbup

#135080 December 12th, 2005 at 08:39 AM
Wow Angelblossom..that's very impressive...somthing you should surely be proud of!!! I've read some of your writing here in the forum..it's amazing!! You're very talented! And as far as I can tell, you seem to be quite handy in the kitchen as well!

Christina

#135081 December 12th, 2005 at 08:47 AM
May I ask why you keep it a "private passion"?

#135082 December 13th, 2005 at 07:46 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by angelblossom:
I played the violin for about 15 yrs. as well as piano, have written a few gospel songs lyrics and melody : sold 1> I co-wrote and is recorded,and currantly playing:I wrote a song for my Best Friend of 32 yrs, sang it to her 2 months before she lost her battle with cancer,and again at her funeral.
Not a lot of people know I write music, very few as a matter of fact,(as far as family and close friends go anyway) that's my own private passion ,But I've been writing for years short stories, poems, that many know about,, But Music has always been one of my passions.. thumbup
I've written many songs too... I've never shared one because they're about the deepest things that have happened in my life. I've never even told people this stuff.

#135083 December 13th, 2005 at 12:37 PM
ChristinaC ...

I've keep that part of me private because When I was an adolecent My dream was to be a song writer - Lyrics primarly, but particular family members always discouraged me in the most harmful of ways,(that's a whole different story but we won't go there!!!) that I just really kept it to myself; for years after I got out on my own, and started to frequent different cultural churches I found I really really enjoyed 'Gospel' music, be it fast temple, slow and whispery,hand clappin' and foot stompin' , contemporay,or mixed with a little blues and jazz and perhaps a little bit of light rapp incorporated within>I loved it and worked on many lyrics, just so happened my grandsons' Barber has a daughter that was working on a gospel c.d. and was planning for release last Dec,04.. I mentioned to the barber I had written a few gospel songs> he told his daughter and it went from there,, My family does not know but I can tell you this by selling those song rites I put a lrg downpayment on my House,,, TEE HEE!!!
and paid off my car and bought a new keyboard, plus I can use the studio when ever I want(part of the selling clause) she is releasing a single in Jan. 06 and cd I believe in Feb06. If you're interested the song I wrote for my friend is also on her C.D. (04 Dec. ) I sold that one as well( She changed or rather I should say shortened it) I primarly write songs that can be sung by a female that voices a rich tone . low key suddetley sultry but not seductive,simply fresh and rich!!
WELLLLLL you asked!!!LOLOL I will probably go to my grave keeping this under wraps cuz I'm sure everyone here is loyal and won't tell angell lolol

#135084 December 14th, 2005 at 09:16 AM
Oh..I won't tell!!! That's amazing Angelblossom!! I have a passion for music..in fact my entire family has it...we're all extremely musical and play a wide variety of instruments but none of us can sing!! I'd love to hear your face. Vocals, in my opinion, is the most beautiful instrument of them all. I get goose bumps when I hear a beautiful voice...cry when I hear an "angel" sing. I bet you have a voice like an angel! Take care!
Christina

#135085 December 14th, 2005 at 09:21 AM
oops... i meant "hear your voice"...LOL

#135086 December 14th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
ChristinaC.... There's a site you can go to to hear samples of her cd ...........

Ayiesha.com

click on music/songs at top of home page...... # 7 "what you do to me" I co-wrote I wish she would have put a longer sample But,,,,
# 9 " A friend for you" to my friend that passed she has no sample... Her voice tone is the kind I look for to sing my writtings, this way you'll get an idea what I was talking about,,, Go to Pictures and you'll see a picture of my brother and her (top left pic) . okay well now ya' know!! thumbup

#135087 December 14th, 2005 at 10:20 AM
opp christinac I forgot..........

www.ayiesha.com

#135088 December 15th, 2005 at 08:59 AM
For some reason my computer won't let me listen to the song. I think it's all these virus scanners and firewalls my boyfriend has installed. He's been trying to get it going. But I'm impatient!!!

#135089 December 20th, 2005 at 03:26 AM
A
A
Hi, I'm a newcomer but was immediately attracted to this section of topics. I love hearing about people's talents and passions. I think it's one of the biggest reasons why we're on this earth, to discover and indulge and share (as a sort of gift) our talents with others.

I, myself, am an artist. I work in many different mediums but mostly I paint.

I appreciate highly the talents of composing music and writing poetry this doesn't come as easily to me, takes some effort although I would still love to persue it eventually. I admire you, Angelblossom!

I actually admire to some extent, everyone here! Hope that didn't sound too dorky!!!

#135090 December 22nd, 2005 at 08:23 PM
Welcome Aubrey, like you mine is artistic as well but in the art of drawing, never cared much for painting but I can sketch like a pro. I had to give up a scholorship to art school when I graduated because I couldn't move so far away with my baby daughter.

I haven't sketched in awhile except for a portrait for friend, I must get out the pencils and paper again.

#135091 December 27th, 2005 at 03:25 AM
Not dorkey Valerie just sweet. Beautiful song Angel, would like to hear more - and good for you that you have persevered in spite of your families oposition. My daughter writes lyrics/music and some of it is beautiful. I try to be as encouraging as possible although sometimes the music is about her brother and it breaks my heart to hear it.

My hidden talents aren't so very hidden - I sing, write funny articles for a now defunct newsletter, and apparently am a pretty good story teller although I don't really understand that.

#135092 January 17th, 2006 at 04:13 PM
T
T
I'm a writer (published), mainly in Roleplaying Games (Remember Dungeons & Dragons? Okay, not them, but same idea). I'm a freelance editor, I play bass and drums, I cross-stitch, I do Tarot and other types of -mancies, I've been on stage off-off broadway (Jesus Christ Superstar) and fifteen years ago got the highest score ever in Dr. Mario.

#135093 January 18th, 2006 at 04:10 AM
I write addon programs for a Linux Firewall, and maintain a website on Sourceforge.net.
It requires some knowledge of Computer Software, which I am learning. Languages like BASH, Perl, and a tiny bit of C++.

I am not real good at it, but I am learning.

#135094 January 25th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Well even though I was in band and the flag core (color guard, whatever :p ) in high school I admit I'm not very musical, I love to sing but as my father puts it *ahem* "Child you couldn't carry a tune in a rainbucket with a lid!" and I'm sad to say it but... He's true and it just makes me sing louder! LOL Seriously though my passion is that I love to write. I've been working on several novels and poems since I was in middle school. Granted those are not my best since my topics have grown up with me but most days it's all I can do to trudge through the day without a computer till I get home. I try to write every day. Other than that.... I'm a GEEK. Anything computer and it's me.I even married a geek. I love caffiene.... can't live without it. REally, I've tried, I just get super sleepy. smile

But I have to say my biggest passion is for Rennaisance Fairs. *sighs* here are a couple pictures from the school I work at when we had book character day. Of course I picked a book that would have worn my faire outfit anyway hee hee hee. Oh and that is Myschief sitting on my shoulder. He's a Caitsidhe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#135095 January 31st, 2006 at 06:43 AM
H
H
Have you heard people say, "Oh my, I could never do that". Well yes they can if they're willing to learn. I really can't sing, as a matter of fact our Priest uses me to "blackmail" other people into being a cantor. BUT, I did learn to play a jazz organ. The music scores are called EASY PLAY, music notes have the key letter on them. It's fun and when several of us get together we have some pretty good jam sessions.
I also learned painting, oil & acrylic along with craft painting. I'm not that good at these things, but at least when I'm with artists & musicians, I know pretty much what they're talking about. I've also become a passionate gardener, know a lot and still learning!

#135096 March 28th, 2006 at 12:58 PM
I'm a musician and love seeing that all of you are so talented and/or appreciate and admire the talents and skills of others.
I give propts to the players of gutiar, piano, violin, vocals and any instruments on this site. I also, admire the artist that paint or pen & pad it. Keep up the good work! clp

Nurture your God given talent with skill. teech
Never be too kewl for any kind of school.

#135097 April 5th, 2006 at 09:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im a sculptor, a painter and writer (not poetry)..and Im passionate about my fish ponds and yard..

#135098 April 26th, 2006 at 12:15 PM
I LOVE to paint!!! Although I have only been doing it for a few months, everybody thinks that I have a talent for it. And since I enjoy the brushes and colors, I don't mind sitting down and getting carried away for a few hours.

current painting in progress

#135099 April 29th, 2006 at 12:48 PM
Pretty sarah!!! love blue paintings!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard