This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#134813 June 21st, 2006 at 03:18 AM
P
prince Offline OP
OP Offline
P
CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME THE NEIGHBOURS DOGS KEEP GOING TO THE TOILET ON OUR FRONT LAWN (DOG POO ) WHERE MY YOUNG CHILDREN PLAY.
WHAT CAN I DO ?.

THANL YOU
PRINCE

#134814 June 21st, 2006 at 07:12 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I have the same problem...and have pretty much come to the conclusion that I either need to (a)talk to the neighbor and make him keep his dogs out of my yard...or (b)put up a fence.

#134815 June 22nd, 2006 at 01:02 AM
Shovel it back into their yard!! Ewww.. Here there is a leash law if you catch them doing it they can get a 500 dollar fine ... bio hazzard!
I would try to put up a fence!

#134816 June 22nd, 2006 at 01:35 AM
I would wait until he is ready to pinch one out and pop him with the BB gun.

After a little bit of that he will get the idea. grinnnn grinnnn

#134817 June 22nd, 2006 at 02:11 AM
A super-soaker water gun might work...

Dianna

#134818 June 22nd, 2006 at 08:20 AM
We have a leash law too...
No bb gun..ouch..water??maybe..I say take the water gun to the owners, we can get a fine here when we walk the dogs too w/out picking up the poo..I would talk to them, Maybe approach it like, I love animals, however,I do not want to clean up your dog doo in my yard.
Good luck.

#134819 June 26th, 2006 at 05:56 AM
I have the same issue. Its getting anoying to say the least. Not only does it poo in my yard it keeps snippin and yapping at my poor Zoe who is in an invisible fence. I have a saint Bernard I dont need any additional poo duty. I want to just let her go over there and do her duty. I tried talking to them they got a giggle...."with a dog like your surely her lil poo couldn't bother you" Well zoe is confined and her favorite bathroom isnt in my flower bed. Right by my house. I am seriously considering one of these 2 options
1. calling their landlord, I know him, I help him show the house when its for rent.
That is my nice side talking!

Now for my real preference (please keep in mind I do love animals but their owners need to be responsible)

2. Paint gun..........I bet if they are washing lil paint splats off of the dog they contain it! Hurts no worse then a bb gun but gets the owners attention as well as the animals!

I feel sorry for my Zoe she is getting her face snapped at and she just stands there, I am afrid she will end up getting fusterated and tossing the lil dog. Then I have a whole different issue to deal with other then just dog poo.

#134820 June 28th, 2006 at 04:35 AM
I have a saint bernard too and we keep him in the yard (fenced) but the end of our walk way we have a visitor who leaves his deposit "all the time" and i have finally found out who it is and its an older gentleman but i have kindly asked him to pick up his dogs waste, i mentioned that while its not the most pleasent part of being an owner, it happens and i dont appreciate it being left at the end of our walk.
I even told him that if he needs a bag, kindly knock on our door and someone will be happy to give you one.
Now my F-I-L had a neighbor who refused to clean up after their dog and used their lawn all the time....we scoope it up in a round mouth shovel and deposited it on the hood of their jeep, needless to say...they keep him in "their" yard now!!!

#134821 June 28th, 2006 at 09:51 AM
Ya know when ya have them the size of ours couldnt you just imagine the looks of the neighbors if you did let them run and do their duty where ever they wanted to. I get so fusterated with them because they think because its a small mess its no big deal. Well its small mess tends to be in my lillys or petunias and the one that is really makeing me mad is on my monkey grass. I have 4 plants of that 3 are beautiful one looks awful.....its the favorite spot for the lil "darling". Their kids always want me to lock Zoe in her cage, when they come over, I tell them she has her space and you have yours stay in the front and sied yard and she will leave you alone.

How old is your saint Penny? Arent they wonderful animals and great family members?

#134822 June 29th, 2006 at 01:02 AM
Our saint is 5 years old and had him weighed a few days back and he came in at 182lbs, his father was 240 pounds from Alaska, so he is pretty big,,, we couldnt have asked for a better dog, he is so good, just the slobber, we dont go near him if we are heading out, you tend to get hit with a flinger!!!!

#134823 June 29th, 2006 at 02:28 AM
Zoe doesn't slobber too much, her momma weighed in at 180 and her daddy at 220. She is 6 mos old and weighing in at 74 last week. Now I do have to wash her pillow case daily, she lays and sleeps all night long right beside me and when I wake up their is a puddle on it. I don't mind though, with a heart like they have some slobber is the least of my concerns. I have a picture you might like to see, its of the St. Bernard pass in Switzerland, it is the monks with the saints. Its small and hard to see well but so interesting. And that pass wow to think of these huge dogs rescueing in them is a real tribute to their special hearts.

#134824 June 29th, 2006 at 02:58 AM
I would love to see it and you can see our guy when you look in my album.

#134825 June 29th, 2006 at 12:04 PM
I did he is beautiful, here is a link to one of zoe, you can see her special way of being with the kids in these pictures. She will go in each night when I tuck them in right behind me and give me a big ol kiss on the face. My husband laughs he swears she is acting like me. I will have to scan that picture when we get the scanner hooked up and I will send it to you.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j127/karrieatodd1/101_0814.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j127/karrieatodd1/101_0284.jpg

#134826 June 30th, 2006 at 12:45 AM
She is so cute... we couldnt have asked for a better dog.. he is so good and gentle..he still has his moments of acting like a goof...but i wouldnt have it any other way.
He even likes the mailman and the meter man..he gets biscuits from them..so of course they are buddies... our guy doesnt come out into the house..he's like a bull in a china shop and is afraid of the wood floors and we always worry what would happen if he fell..but we have a dutch door into the laundry room and thats his room.
They are an amazing dog for sure!!

#134827 June 30th, 2006 at 02:35 AM
She has been indoors since we got her, she has an acre of yard with the invisible fence it works great for her. As far as behavior couldn't be a better dog. It only took 2 accidents in the house and she was potty trained. We are wanting to install a doggie door in the back door for her but even the XL ones done seem like they are going to be big enough to work when she is full grown, a dutch door is a good idea but we need some way of sealing it in the winter.

She has her own bed in our bedroom at my side (an inflatable twin mattress) lol. She sleeps right beside me all night long wakes me up once to go potty. This is happening less and less though so I think her bladder is finally growing to her drinking. I just love her we call her our 3 child. And she is just that. Definitely a member of our family.

#134828 June 30th, 2006 at 04:29 AM
Kobe sleeps in the laundry room, we had a bed back there for him and we wouldnt use it..he prefers the mat at the back door..as for the dutch door..it keeps him in there when he's wet and when we have company so he doesnt sit at the door amd whine..everyone goes back and says hello but he thinks they need to stay back there with him..so he knows when its shut its time to be quiet.
He is like a child to me too..i call him my baby..I'm sure you know this already but when you mentioned her drinking..saints have to be careful with how much water they take in..if its too quick it can cause their stomach to flip and it happens after they have been exercising and are really thirsty.. we always keep an eye on him after a walk..just in case!~

#134829 June 30th, 2006 at 06:09 AM
She always has a supply of water ready indoors and out. She is a very moderate eater so far. Well for her size anyway. We have been fortunate as she can self feed. She doesnt hog it all down, just eats a lil here and a lil there. Every other dog I have had has had to be monitored with their food they would hog it down like they were starved. We can put down her whole days supply and she just picks at it as she goes She loves her pool its her favorite. They are very much like a child. She is quite demanding. When she wants something, usually a chewy she wont quit pestering till she gets it. She likes to take my hand in her mouth and walk around the yard. My husband says she is walking me. lol

#134830 June 30th, 2006 at 06:17 AM
Our saint loves his bath but not going into water...he wont do it Duh ..we have to bath him outside, he's to big for the tub and we hook the hose up to the laundry sink so he has hot water and we bath him in the driveway, its actaully really cute...he goes to sleep during it.
Just Brad and i are the only ones who walk him,,the girls cant hold him back and if he ever decided to go see somthing..they'd be dragged behind, so no walking for them..unless we are with them, then its ok to do it.
Do you have the neck keg for yours?

#134831 June 30th, 2006 at 08:39 AM
We plan on ordering one as soon as she is large enough to hold it without it compromiseing her skeletal growth. Not that she would wear it long but stil ya know. Zoe loves the water as you can see. We have a pond up the hill she is banned from it. I was sick of daily bath to get the smell of pond gunk off of her. She was bit by a snake up there a few monthes ago I will do all I can to protect her from that again. She is at the back door by the kitchen right now laying in the sun drying from her swim. I'd say she swims daily. I caught her a few weeks ago trying to go up the ladder in to our pool. That had me laughing. They really do have a personality all their own, so much more human like then animal. She and the kids are the love of my life. Everyone in town calls me teh saint lady. She is with me all the time unless its too hot out to go, or if I have to stay out for too long. She is allowed in our locak lil mom and pops store. They save her the good bones from the meat department. She goes to school with me when I have to do things there well the preschool. The kids just love her, they want to see her more then me. Whats a mom to do? lol

We do that laundry sink thing with the hose too. Funny how we adapt to their needs. Zoe does great on teh leash. Gwennie my 4 year old walks around the yard with her all the time. But she has spent time on the leash as we travel with her when ever we go on trips home to indy or karate tournaments she is right there. Last time we took her to a hotel our phone rang off the hook from hotel staff wanting to come up and see her. She sat pretty and shook every hand. Such a HAM!

#134832 July 3rd, 2006 at 05:22 AM
We dont have one for our guy either, they are hard to find here, but we keep looking.
Saints are indeed hams and in a big way (no pun intended), they thrive on attention and there is no way you can walk into a room and not pat them, they wouldnt allow it!

#134833 July 9th, 2006 at 02:51 PM
A
A
Regarding the neighbor's dog poo, do you really want to create that kind of animosity between you and the neighbor? Or if you have a dog what if they retaliate? You could put up a row of hedges. But, I would leave it go.

#134834 July 10th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
I agree with your advice too Angels, its so hard when "you" are being the responsible owner and you have a nieghbor who doesnt care,,good luck Karrie

#134835 July 10th, 2006 at 02:56 PM
Penny you can order them at a few different websights I have found. They will even engrave names on them. I took Zoe to the vet this week seh topped the scales at 97 lbs. She is almost big enough for one. She is not even 7 months old yet. She's gonna be huge!

#134836 July 16th, 2006 at 01:48 PM
We have a lot of "dog walkers" in our neighborhood, including us. We have two labs that we walk twice a day. Up the street, one early morning, I saw posted on a tree, "This is a yard, not a bathroom for dogs" angell

#134837 August 8th, 2006 at 08:27 AM
Get one of those scarecrow sprinklers. kinda spendy but you attach to your garden hose and it goes off when it senses heat (NOT movement, so it won't go off when the wind is blowing the plants around!) .. so cool! works really good on cats, hopefully it would work on dogs to. They run 60-80 bucks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard