This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134796 May 24th, 2006 at 01:53 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
I know lots of us have things we are currently doing craft wise right now. With summer fast approaching and time spent more in the garden than out of it, these things tend to get put aside. As a motivator, I thought we could share out works in progress in hopes that we might get them done before next spring. So what are YOU working on right now???

Here is mine. A baby blanket. It is a variation on a "rag" blanket that I make using two strands of "leftover" threads. I am keeping it to pinks and creams with a touch of blue thrown in since the baby is a girl. It is nice and thick for those cold nights and heavy too.

[Linked Image]

#134797 May 25th, 2006 at 04:26 PM
I am already working on crocheting lingerie hangers for our church's Mistletoe Fair next November. It took me a bit to work out a nice pattern using worsted weight yarn but they are turning out really well.

And because a hanger isn't a large or heavy item, I will be able to work on them even in warmer temperatures.

I have also been doing several calligraphy projects I would like to finish soon.

Merme

#134798 May 25th, 2006 at 05:04 PM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Those sound like great projects Merme. I bet you will get a ton of them done between now and November.

#134799 May 25th, 2006 at 11:02 PM
Nice blankie, Triss! thumbup

Merme - could you whip out that ol' camera and take a few pictures of your hangers? I've been wanting to see them ever since you first wrote about them!

#134800 May 26th, 2006 at 12:27 AM
Good Am

Wow, you guys have some great projects going:-)
I am refinishing a dresser,and trying to complete a painting I have been working on for sometime.

You are right,I tend to be outdoors this time of year and my indoor hobbies are set aside for rain days.
One of these days I would like to learn to knit.

#134801 May 26th, 2006 at 05:21 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Lynne is the knitter. Has been working on an afghan for her daughter for a long time now and is looking forward to it being done so she can move on to fun stuff once again.

#134802 May 26th, 2006 at 01:36 PM
[Linked Image] Triss!

I'm really just a basic knitter - nothing too fancy... yet! laugh

chenno - could you post some pictures of the dresser and painting?
We'd love to see your work! thumbup

#134803 May 27th, 2006 at 04:33 AM
Lynne

I am working on getting a new dig camera, and then I will post pics, Thanks and good day Angie

#134804 May 27th, 2006 at 07:46 AM
Lynne ~ my plan is to take all the nice stuff I've made outside one sunny day and photograph them there as Maxi's camera doesn't have a flash. I've been trying to get pictures of some of these items for a long time now, so I hope to be able to do it soon.

For the hangers I am thinking of switching to the plastic type, so I want to make one like that and compare how it looks with the wire kind I've been doing. I'll take a picture of both and poll your opinions, m'kay?

I'm also thinking of crocheting small sachet bags that could be either placed on the completed hangers or tucked into a drawer.

Am still fooling with yarns and threads, ribbons and whatnot... some should be elaborate, others more plain.

Merme

#134805 May 27th, 2006 at 09:11 AM
Great idea, Merme - I hope you have a nice sunny day soon!
Can't wait to see all your handy work! thumbup

#134806 May 27th, 2006 at 09:37 AM
Hello to all and good luck with your crafting. They all sound and look wonderful. I create my own cross stitch patterns and am currently working on one that has a grape vine border and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" in the center. I have been working on this for over a year as I just do not have as much time as I would like for personal crafts. I have four kids, take care of my 96 year old grandmother and am going to school full time to get my teaching credential. I was able to crochet some cute scarves this winter, I can do that while I'm helping the kids with their homework!

#134807 May 27th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there Sad. I knwo what you mean about time. I can crochet while watching TV with Dan at night but not cross stitch. I still try and get a lil in each week, even if it is just a stitch or two here and there.

#134808 June 2nd, 2006 at 09:25 AM
What great projects!! I love the baby blankie, Triss. Everyone else: Pictures!! (please?) grinnnn

I am working on quilts for the Stuspotlets--one is purple and green the other is blue and white, per their requests. I also have a lot of bunnies cut out that need to get sewn.

In our spare time, Mr. Stuspot and I are also completely remodeling our home--stripping the plaster and lathe out, rewiring, sheetrocking, the whole works. We're very slow but have a few rooms done.

But who has time for any of that when there are weeds to rout and flowers to deadhead? grinnnn

#134809 June 3rd, 2006 at 04:17 AM
Triss Offline OP
OP Offline
That is a lot of stuff to be doing!

Link Copied to Clipboard