This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13362 April 26th, 2003 at 03:02 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone,
I just found this site and it looks like a great place for info! My spider plant seems so limp and lifeless. It hangs in an east facing window, gets watered when the soils feels dry and the pot is large enough. It just needs some help! Any one have suggestions to improve my plant??

#13363 April 26th, 2003 at 07:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Sonia,

Is the window covered or obstructed by other buildings or trees duringpart of the day?

Perhaps the plant is in too large a pot - a very common mistake. Water your spider plant thoroughly. The top inch of soil should dry out within a week. If it takes longer than that, then the pot is too large and the roots may be rotting.

#13364 May 22nd, 2003 at 04:48 PM
C
C
I dont know how other people will feel about this but because i know what you are goign through with a droopy spider plant heres what i did. I put my beautiful spider plant (hoping to be be very nice to it) in a huge hanging planter. and my beautiful spider plant became a ugly droopy urchin. so after figuring out what i did wrong, and once it it repotted its very hard to squish back into its old pot, I went on a hunt for as many baby spider plants i could get my hands on (including some of its own babys) I filled in all around the bare soil with them and put it in a sunny place. droop be gone!!
so now, the 'mommy' plant is perky because all the babys soaked up the excess water, and i have a huge healthy flowering spider plant 6 months later. and the babys are growing huge too and are getting ready to flower. good luck!!!!-cassie

Link Copied to Clipboard