This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132883 November 7th, 2005 at 09:20 AM
OP Offline
Hello folks,

I'm from gardening stock so I've been around the bush or two but it's been awhile. Been doing container gardening for five years now, thanks to apartment living. Now I'm about to jump into doing garden beds like my parents used to do. And that's how I found ya'll here. Searching for compost links, lol; and I've been lurking for a few months now.

But I bet ya'll could guess, I've run into problems already. So I'm here, hope ya'll can help. I'll be exploring more here from now on.
Should be posting more real soon, as I get a chance to do so.

BTW: Great Site! Great Work!

Over and out;
akitchengardener

#132884 November 7th, 2005 at 06:34 PM
Hi akitchengardener wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you
[Linked Image]

#132885 November 7th, 2005 at 10:40 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi! wavey
Welcome to the forum!

Hey...I remember Newport News. We used to go there all the time when I was a kid. We lived in Norfolk a few years.

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

#132886 November 13th, 2005 at 11:46 AM
OP Offline
Thank you guys,

Well I'm orginally from Norfolk. I've only lived in NN for two years now. I like it here. It's got trees!

I've been taken digital pics lately and can someone point me to info on how to post them?

Over and Out;

Isabella

#132887 November 13th, 2005 at 12:01 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
You have to have your pictures on a "server"...like Photobucket...that's what I use.
Do you have them on a server???
Photobucket is free and very easy.

Well I'm orginally from Norfolk.
I lived in Ocean View most of the time.
We had a house on Gilpin Avenue...a real nice older neighborhood.
I went back a few years ago and that neighborhood hadn't changed a bit...and went in the "Giant" and it hadn't changed.

Cindy

#132888 November 13th, 2005 at 12:22 PM
OP Offline
I don't have a server and I've never used Photobucket. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I lived in the Shoop Park/Belmont area just off of Tidewater Drive near Lafeyate Blvd. I really miss my family's home. Raised beds that were dug down two feet and a compost bin to die for. lol

I'm not sure where Gilpin Ave is but Ocean View has changed alot, more on the waterfront blocks than the rest. Was the "Giant" the one near Little Creak? If so it's a Farm Fresh now, but it's much same. Still a good store.

Over and Out;

Isabella

#132889 November 13th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Oh, man...it's so weird hearing the names of the old places.
Tidewater Drive...know it well.
Gilpin Ave. was several blocks from Ocean View amusement Park...I used to walk there from my house. Last time I was there the amusement park was gone, and it looked a LOT different.
Was the "Giant" the one near Little Creak?
Yep...that's the one!

When you get a Photobucket account upload your pics and PM me and I will give you easy directions on how to post them. thumbup

Cindy

#132890 November 15th, 2005 at 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

Glad you found us wavey I can't wait to see your pics thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#132891 November 18th, 2005 at 10:23 AM
OP Offline
smile Thank you G-Mom. I've figured out how to add the link in the signinture line, so please browse away. lol And sooner or latter I'll be posting questions and pictures.

Thanks a bunch;

Isabella

Link Copied to Clipboard