This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13267 July 10th, 2003 at 01:52 AM
Cris Offline OP
OP Offline
I have (had) 2 large spider plants that both had plantletts on them. I recently repotted them because they were root bound. Then we moved. The plants were hung outside until I could get brackets hung inside for them and during that time, the weather in Michigan finally went above 70 degrees and the plants were both cooked in the sun. I have brought them inside and I keep misting them and have cut back the leaves that were burned. Is there any hope that these plants will survive?

S
S
Hi, there!! Don't give up on your spider plant. I personally haven't come across anything harder to actually kill than a spider plant. laugh Keep it where it can get a dash of early morning sun, and water it as needed. A dose of plant food will help it feel loved again. I've sun-burned spider plants, pothos plants, dracaenas, and others over the last few years, and so far, all of the "victims" survived. Give it TLC, and it should bounce right back.
Good luck, and happy gardening!! :p

Cris Offline OP
OP Offline
TLC we can do! I have given these plants 2 years of my life....I can give them a few more!

Thanks

The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
In Calif. we can have them in the ground outside. They have come up again and again after running the lawn mower over them and completely decapitating them! They'll be back and maybe even bushier. Catlover

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sun may have damaged the leaves, but it hasn't damaged the roots. TRim off the damaged leaves - they will not recover. Healthy roots will produce new growth, although that may be a bit delayed as the plant fills the pot with roots first.

Spider plants do best inside in a sunny window or outside protected from direct sun. Water thoroughly whenever the top inch of soil feels dry. Don't fertilize until it has fully recovered and is putting out lots of healthy new growth.

Link Copied to Clipboard