This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131950 December 8th, 2005 at 06:21 PM
Amber J Offline OP
OP Offline
I feel like such a dork. I posted a topic over in houseplants, telling everyone, "yay! I'm back!", and not really realizing that I never actually posted in that forum so no one probably knew me. DUH!

So, I'm back! Did y'all miss me?? wink I just completed a long and tiring move that took about a month and a half. Now I'm job searching.

I had to give away ALL of my plants!!! So I'm starting from scratch. Kind of neat, though.

Anyway, good to be back, and I'll try to post more often!

#131951 December 8th, 2005 at 09:06 PM
Hi Amber wavey

Welcome back! Where in Arizona did you move to?
I've only been there once for a short weekend, but I would love to live there - I am obsessed with South Western decor - I think I must have been an Indian in a prior life! Duh We lived in Reno for 7 years, but never had time to vacation there...

Sorry you had to give up your plants. I would share some of mine with you, but it's not safe to mail them now with the bitter cold temps we are having. Let me know if you'd like some come spring.

Pull up a chair and tell us what else has been going on for you?

#131952 December 9th, 2005 at 04:28 AM
Hi Amber. Boy that was a looong move. I lived at Fort Huachuca one time. No trees is the main thing I remember.

#131953 December 9th, 2005 at 10:33 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hi Amber, Welcome Back!!!
How did the move go?

And how is the "Organic Garden" gonna
do this summer??
Got room????
What's it look like???

#131954 December 10th, 2005 at 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi amber, i wondered where you went, glad you're home!

#131955 December 13th, 2005 at 10:00 AM
Amber J Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi!

PnP - I would LOVE some plant cuttings in spring - that is so nice of you!

4 - We definitely have a ton of trees out here. I've never been to Fort H though - that's an army base, right? It was a long move. We were staying with friends til our house was ready, so I wasn't on the computer much at all.

Weezie - Haven't started the garden yet - it's really cold here! OK I know I'm in AZ, but my blood's thin! I'm also a baby smile Will keep you all posted tho!

Jif - I was hiding smile Good to be back!

I missed you all!

Well here's what happened - we rented our house out in Tucson, and bought a house in Phoenix. Well we all know how the homebuying process goes so speedily? The house got rented before we got into the house up here. So a good friend of ours let us stay with him til we got in. But in the meantime, we had to put our stuff in storage - and my plants would have never lasted. Plus I would have needed an extra UHaul just for them.

So I got rid of ALL of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE. All that money for pots, all that time - my house was like a jungle. Some of em went on Craigslist (thank you to the person on this board who introduced me to that! I can't remember who), most I gave away to family and friends. I even gave away my 20-gallon, $150 aquarium full of carnivorous plants. I gave it to my girlfriend who teaches 6th grade science, but I was so bummed! I was so proud of it, too - I even found an iiiiiiiity bitty baby Venus Flytrap that had sprouted off into its own plant! (I wanted to take a picture and post it on here when it happened but I couldn't get a clear pic cause it was so small. Tinier than a dime - a whole plant!)

It was weird though, I didn't garden the whole time after I moved into the new house in Tucson. I just stopped. I think I was depressed. I've been taking medicine the past few weeks though, and I feel a lot better smile I finally got my first pothos to re-start my collection from scratch last week.

Anyway, I have slowly been building my collection back up since then. I have some cuttings, and I've gotten a few pots. YAY! Unfortunately, I'm not a landscaper, and the grass in the yard is dying. It might be the cold, but it's probably becaused of me.

So that's me, all caught up!! I'm hoping to post as much as I can - I just love it here.

#131956 December 13th, 2005 at 11:49 AM
Great update Amber. Sorry you were not able to save the plants, but afte having a jungle, you will get one again! Glad to have you back with us!

#131957 December 14th, 2005 at 07:49 AM
Hey! We never met before but I'm Martie and welcome back!

#131958 December 14th, 2005 at 10:17 AM
Welcome back, Amber - and good luck with your new place!

:-0

Link Copied to Clipboard