This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#131369 January 9th, 2005 at 10:14 PM
Meg Offline
After ridding myself of a lot of excess hair.. I woulda thought that I'd have lost 5 pounds, but no. *sigh* That was a LOT of hair, and not from my head. frown shocked

Meg

#131370 January 10th, 2005 at 02:18 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Dianna/Dixie Angel,
Can I ask what you are doing for your diet???
If you post what you are doing, maybe some one
can come thru and give a couple of pointers for you...

Weezie

My number one pointer is WATER
and bulk foods!!!

#131371 January 10th, 2005 at 07:30 PM
A
A
Hey Meg
Phoebe wanted me to tell you *ahem* "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww..."

#131372 January 10th, 2005 at 09:47 PM
Meg Offline
hehehehe... *snort* heheheh.. roflmbo! laugh

#131373 January 10th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
roflmbo!
Well, that's one way to lose weight! laugh thumbup

#131374 January 10th, 2005 at 11:32 PM
Weezie, so far all I have been consciously doing is drinking more fluids before I eat so I will fill up faster. I have, also, been walking a little bit more (at least two miles per day).

My aunt told me if I would quit drinking my margaritas with salt when we are working, that that would probably cut some of the water weight and I would lose a few pounds. wink I have low blood pressure, though, so I need the extra salt to keep it from bottoming out.

I went to the doctor today and they told me that I had lost three pounds since I last saw him in October. If I can lose at least ten more by May, I will be happy. grinnnn He is testing for thyroid disease now to see if that is what is causing me to be exhausted all the time. I want to exercise more, but I don't have the energy. Hopefully, my body will straighten out in time for me to enjoy the wedding!

Dianna

#131375 January 10th, 2005 at 11:59 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Dianna,
This is my husbands' diet, and he swears by it.
*and I am by far a person who should be talking about what to do for a diet shocked shocked shocked shocked wink because when I am ready to diet, I will and not until..*but I'm heading there**

you can eat for breakfast, at say 6:00am.
Eggs, Oatmeal, etc..
He doesn't allow ANY frown milk on his diet at all, but I can't see the point.. but it's his diet.

then around say 9:00am.
water and carrots and celery *I say an apple*
(for diabetics, they say that's okay!)

Then lunch, say around 12:00pm.
Tuna fish with salad dressing..for a sandwich.
and a big salad...

Then around say 3:00pm.
Cucumber's and Green pepper's...

Dinner say around 6:00pm.
Chicken on the grill and some green beans
or assorted veggies and baked beans..

and a snack after dinner time before bed but not too late, can be popcorn or something like that....

I like rice cakes too, for the sweetness!

He says the constant eating speeds up your metabolism, and fills it with no calorie stuff.
And loading up with the water is one of the best things for you...*he likes Crystal lite for his water substitute*

I think it might be helpful too, if you map out what you like to eat.... and work it in...
Most veggies are "FREE" he says, no calories,
cucumbers, radishes, salad *romain is the best, for nutrition and bulk*

Some of the fruit has calories, but beneficial vitamins for you, so work those into when you walk or something like that....
And lot's of things with Bulk.. *okay, the gas producers.... *us girls in the lounge were on this subject one day* but the gas producing stuff is the best for you...
Broccoli, califlower, beans, etc....

And alot has to do with protion size....
(That's my problem, when I find something I finally like, I like alot of it)

Hope some of this helps a wee~bit???

Weezie

#131376 January 11th, 2005 at 12:38 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
if I would quit drinking my margaritas with salt
thumbup

#131377 January 11th, 2005 at 05:00 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hey Weezie...you might want to tell hubby that milk is actually really good for you when you are dieting. When I was heavy duty and lost over 100 lbs I was told to make sure that I didn't cut out my milk because it helps the elasticity of your skin. You don't have to drink whole milk..you can do the 2-4% or even skim. I drink the high protien milk. And I guess it was the milk ...but I had no sags!(and trust me...I am NOT an excersizin kinda gal) Now that I am trying to gain(UGH) I drink a lot of the high protien milk and can tell a huge difference in my hair & nails.Just a thought!

#131378 January 11th, 2005 at 11:01 PM
Thanks, Weezie. It's good to know that beans are good for you (gas-producing, though, they may be). I have a pot of pintos in the crock-pot right now. My problem is that I will want to have them over rice with a slab of cornbread and a hunk of onion.

4Ruddy, I didn't know that about milk, but I am glad to learn it. I love milk! Whole milk, though. Drinking skim or 2% milk is like drinking water with milk flavor!

Dianna

#131379 January 11th, 2005 at 11:42 PM
Hey Dianna!
Isn't that milk thing great? It's the calcium. they've done studies, and people who get 3 servings of milk a day as opposed to people who don't on the same diet will lose an average of like 12 lbs more. But it has to come from milk or dairy products, not supplements.

#131380 January 12th, 2005 at 12:56 AM
I do the South Beach Diet. I love it. The first two weeks are rough, but if you can get past that, then your set! Its kind of like atkins, but not. laugh It concentrates on keeping your blood sugars at a constant level. The first two weeks, you can't have any sugar at all...none...no candy, no milk, no fruit...no sugar! That is to purge your system from the sugars. Then after that, you start to introduce a little sugar....like apples and peanut butter and small snackies. Before when I did that, I lost 12 pounds...then got pregnant and couldn't do the diet anymore because I had to eat as soon as I got up and the only thing that was staying down were bagels! :rolleyes: Duh

#131381 January 12th, 2005 at 07:16 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
the ball
shk

I just got a good laugh just THINKING about me doing "the ball"! laugh
I'd probably break some bones, not to mention some knick-knacks, rolling all over the house like an idiot... lala

laugh

Cindy

#131382 January 12th, 2005 at 07:25 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
I didn't mean to post that then. I was quoting that and was going to reply, but hit the wrong button first... I'm still an amateur.

That brought to mind immediately (have no clue as to why -- kind of like that one game you guys play...)

"knick, knack, paddywack.... give a dog a bone" OR did I just make that up, or just get the words wrong, and they just SOUND like that? Feeling a little confused grinnnn

Well, we are cousins... nutz wink smile

#131383 January 12th, 2005 at 07:29 AM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
Well, we are cousins...
That's ALL you have to say!
They understand completely now!

laugh laugh laugh

#131384 January 12th, 2005 at 07:34 AM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
WOOOOOOOO! Thank you Japanese Food! Japanese food is different here o.O Its more *thinks* I donno it tastes better than it does in America ^.^ I think its cuz i'm closer to Japan smile I'm like totally addicted to General Chicken, and Crab Rangoons!!! thumbup

but ya! 5 more lbs! yay! Well approximately 5 more, but i make sure ^.^ its more like 84-86, and it goes back and forth throughout the week, BUT I GAINED WEIGHT!!! *hops*

~Phoebe

#131385 January 12th, 2005 at 07:40 AM
Cindy's Cuz
Cindy's Cuz
Vanessa,

What are you referring to when you say "high protein milk?" Just curious. I drink skim, and love it, but can't drink anything "stronger." I didn't used to like it at all, so... I'm doing much better. It DOES help you build muscle when you are losing weight, instead of losing it. (well, keep muscle tone - not build...).
A nutritionist I work with also says this about milk helping you lose weight. They are saying now to aim for... What is the new campaign? Duh

Good luck everyone on your diets. I wish you all the best. thumbup

#131386 January 12th, 2005 at 01:40 PM
Originally posted by geegeeburr:

Isn't that milk thing great? It's the calcium. they've done studies, and people who get 3 servings of milk a day as opposed to people who don't on the same diet will lose an average of like 12 lbs more. But it has to come from milk or dairy products, not supplements. [/QB]
Yep, I see now that I am gonna have to buy a cow if I want to lose weight. I can lose more than I want to and then eat the cow to celebrate! laugh

Dianna

#131387 January 12th, 2005 at 03:05 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh thumbup

#131388 January 12th, 2005 at 03:06 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
They are saying now to aim for... What is the new campaign?
24 ounces in 24 hours

#131389 January 12th, 2005 at 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I notice that most of you all have diet resolutions......I want to get back on that treadmill(that I had to have)---want to get back on it everyday starting Monday.....

My real resolution though is to declutter my house.....I started with the computer room bedroom, then yesterday moved on to the other spare bedroom and it amazes me how much stuff I have that I need to part with......Soooo much clothing--stuff with tags on, stuff that's too small that I've been holding on to in case I ever get back in to that size(5/6)--not happening ever again-ever!!! :p Plus at 5'10" I looked really ill when I was that thin. It was after a bad breakup anyway....you all know how that goes. SOOOOOOOO, I'm purging out all the junk that is cluttering up my life and my house.....and it feels really cleansing to be able to do that and not hang on to stuff just for the sake of hanging on to it.... thumbup

#131390 January 12th, 2005 at 03:52 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
loz...I could have written that exact post!
I don't know what's up with keeping all those clothes we've never worn, and the 5/6's! I have them, too!

And the other "stuff".....the CLUTTER!
Mass chaos! Boggles my mind when I look around at all the "stuff". Starts as soon as you walk in the door...the refrigerator magnets!

But, I'll never change. frown
When I die someone is going to have a good yard sale, is all I can say!

#131391 January 12th, 2005 at 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will definately be a yard sale I won't miss!!!

G-Mom grinnnn

#131392 January 12th, 2005 at 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the refrigerator magnets!
There is NO WAY you have more than I do...you can barely see my fridge due to the magnets!

G-Mom grinnnn

#131393 January 12th, 2005 at 04:13 PM
Official Problem Child
OP Offline
Official Problem Child
G-Mom...
Drive on up here and we'll just go ahead and have the yard sale while I'm still kicking, and split the money 50/50!
I'm not kidding!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard