This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Nasturtium seedlings in Rock Garden - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Boy, those nasties are slow - last year was the same. I put some seeds down and waited - and waited - and waited. Once they get going, they're nice . . .

Well, I might as well show this here - nothing to do with gardening, but what the heck.

This was a present from Jeff yesterday:

New Native Bag - July 12th

[Linked Image]

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Pinwheel Periwinkle Picks Up - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Rock Garden Work (d) - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Rock Garden Work (e) - July 13th (I think that's butter n' eggs)

[Linked Image]

Rock Garden Work (f) - The Hen in the Log's Spoon - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
Rock Garden Work (g) - Wild Strawberry Strip With Orange Rocks - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Sunflower & Coleus (Crop) - July 13th

[Linked Image]

Left to Do in Rock Garden - July 13th

[Linked Image]

I'd like to go out there right now - but it's not the heat that stopping me. It's the bugs! I got eaten alive in the middle of the afternoon.

You don't expect them to be bitin' then.

So here I am with little bumps, scratching away and working on my garden journal.

I hope to get at the other side of the rock garden soon - I think I'll just put nice rocks in and use the mallow that's growing there now.

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm finished - here's the other side of it complete - the wild stuff will grow in - I can throw in mixed seeds - whatever . . .

[Linked Image]

It's noon - and going to get hotter - I'm taking a nap.

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
A little rain yesterday - one long day of steam is what it was and the plants here and around the neighbourhood seemed to like it.

It rained through the night and is lightly drizzling now. Jeff just came in from the yard and said things are looking good out there.

Yesterday when I was puttering around here and there I noticed some things doing better than I thought they were.

I still can't get over Martha Washington Geraniums - every account I looked up said 'blooms only in cool weather'. Whoo Boy! Blossoms, blossoms, blossoms.

I really like that plant.

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
We're supposed to get some rain tonite then nothing till Thursday - and it's supposed to cool a bit, but still, it will be 30 tomorrow.

Hot, hot, hot . . . but this rainfall has brought out some greenies, revived some things I thought were finished, so I'm encouraged.

I picked around with stuff today - just put my big umbrella up and worked behind it.

I just won't quit.

Carly Offline OP
OP Offline
We got some rain yesterday morning.

Somebody brought me some black eyes - I put them in last night. We'll see how it goes while I'm away for the week - we're supposed to have a little rain and Jeff will be dousing them with the hose.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard