This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129894 December 12th, 2005 at 04:54 PM
Lefse Offline OP
OP Offline
wavey Hi again... I posted a short update on Returning Members, but I didn't put a link to the house in town with the things I've been doing to the place outside. Try going to: Webshots Albums
I find a new place here called "The Nut House"... sounds like my house, my classroom, and my fire station. I wonder what those three places have in common?
If any of you know who I am, or remember me from "back in the day" as my students call it, give me a condensed version of an update on things. If you have any ways to protect fish in the pond outside the front door, that would be a big help, too. Something ate my two fish. Hey if a pond is this small, is it a pondette? Or maybe just a "pet puddle". (No wait, that would be on the carpet") Anyway, I'll try to check in more often now that things ar at a bit of a lull.

#129895 December 12th, 2005 at 06:36 PM
Good to see you on, Lefse!

Merme

#129896 December 12th, 2005 at 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey if a pond is this small, is it a pondette?
laugh laugh laugh Or, if you're like Cindy and have a huge pond is it called a lake??? laugh laugh

Hi Lefse, good to have you back!!!! It's been too long. wavey

#129897 December 13th, 2005 at 12:00 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Ohhhhhhhhh way cool on the gardens...
Were they there when you bought the house
or did you put stuff in???

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the morning glory arch..
If I had extra of my fencing, I'd do that..
in a heart beat!!!!

I didn't see a GUNNERA though..
What happened to it?? huh, no report..
I need a report...
Did you leave it at the last house??
*(didn't Barley have one too???)*

give me a condensed version of an update on things.
Insert 20 or so, rolling on the floor, laughing and cryin' gremalins here...
Condensed version...heheheheheheheehee wink laugh
You FUN~NEEEEEEEEEE as my wee~one used to say..

Condensed version... oh my gawdddddddddd....
I don't believe that is possible..

but it is good to see you around...
I told you in the returning post post...
that you should at least pencil us in for the last Sunday of the month.. that way, you're not completely gone, but still check in with us...

#129898 December 13th, 2005 at 01:34 AM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
You're fish eating culprit could be a Great Blue Heron. I have known of several cases where they have invaded small garden ponds and eaten all the fish. I even had a report of this happening to a small garden pond in Europe!

#129899 December 13th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
Thorny...is the Great Blue not native to Europe?
Lefse...Hey! I don't know if we've crossed paths, but welcome back. I've never met a GFer I didn't like! laugh wavey

#129900 December 13th, 2005 at 02:09 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I don't think the Great Blue is native to Europe. I think this might have been a European heron, stork or crane. It was in the Netherlands so very possibly was a stork. They have a lot of storks there and the storks like to hang around suburbs in the Netherlands. I have a lot of friends all over the world that keep me posted on the bird activities in their respective countries. Most of these folks are NOT birdwatchers at all but are artists, but they let me know about the birds in their countries.

#129901 December 13th, 2005 at 03:26 PM
Lefse Offline OP
OP Offline
I live in town, no herons nearby, raccoons maybe... The arch - I traded some computer work for it aver a year ago, just never had a good place to put it until now. The two round flower beds / vegie gardens I put in as soon as we moved in. I ripped out several pine shrubs along the block wall and gave them to the m-i-l and some barberries as well. I put tomatoes in thier place along with raspberries, watermelon, squash, and sunflower minis. Wanted to test the soil. I put Morning Glories, lettuce, iceplant, tobacco plant, lemon cukes, cantalope, marigolds, and clematis in the beds. I started a new bed behind them that is about 5 feet wide and maybe 10 feet long. Lasagna compost in all of them to start them. I get lots of coffee grounds from one of the local espresso stands that belongs to a paramedic friend of mine. I have been using a layer of coffee, a layer of greens, a layer of coffee, a layer of barnyard manure, a layer of coffee, a layer of bark mulch , and back to coffee. Cheap dirt. plants love it so far. I have to add a layer or two this winter as the original layers compress as they break down. Lemon cukes climb well and the cukes aren't too heavy for the vines to hold them. More later, bed time. TTFN

#129902 December 16th, 2005 at 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies big smooch to welcome you back... gosh, we missed you, and i know weezie has missed the gunnera reports...

i'm thinking, if i get my pond (a real big, 1/2 acre fish pond) i am going to put one by it and name it lefse! laugh laugh

barley has kept us aware that you are alive, so that is good. maybe i'll get my act together soon and get you a condensed version, but in the meantime, just keep coming back, you feel right at home in no time!

Link Copied to Clipboard