This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129718 December 15th, 2005 at 06:36 AM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, Nana, your box arrived today!

Lemme tell you... Melcon had taken me out shopping and we accomplished a huge amount. I am a person who normally shops maybe once a year. This is my second shopping trip in two weeks... during the busiest shopping season! I got home flat out exhausted and way over wrought.

I tried to visit here, and did manage to read a few pages of Coffeehouse but I was so miserable, sore and tired, I couldn't post.

Then there was a knock at the door... our postman put the box on the inside porch and knocked to let me know it was there.

Maxi dragged it inside for us.

Those handmade throws of yours, Nana, are marvelous! At first I was freaked out because MINE MATCHES THE SHEETS FERNIE SENT AND THE BLANKET TINA SENT! I know you bought those throws long before the topic of my bedding problem came up here.

So although it was a little like Twilight zone music in the background, I actually sat in my kitchen wrapped up in the throw thinking of how sometimes things are arranged by the Master Designer.

Not able to hold myself upright for one more second, I climbed into bed, pulling the throw with me, and curled up under all that softness and warmth, sleeping deeply for hours. I didn't EVEN want to get up when Maxi called me because I knew I'd get hit from the draft around my bed and I was so, so snuggly right then!

Using your technique, Nana, I'm thinking of making me 'n the kid "Nana's Throw Jackets"! Can you imagine jackets made the same way?!?!?

Thank you so, oh my friend. You do such beautiful work.

Oh and before I forget, when Maxi pulled his throw from the box and saw BATMAN, he put it over his shoulders like a cape and ran off to the loveseat to curl right up under it.

Thank you too, for the other beautiful little things you added to your box.

Merme

#129719 December 15th, 2005 at 11:53 AM
Merme,
I am so glad the box arrived safe and sound- and they keep you so warm and cozy too... so glad Maxi like the Batman motif... and the red back too- I guess we all are on the same wave length or something with all the matching going on- I got the fleece for yours a long time before we ever discussed it in the coffeehouses-- (insert twilight zone music here) LOL!
The stockings are the same as I have made for every memeber of my family since way back when my kids were small- Joe's and mine are yellowed with age and the older kids- yours are some of the newest ones I made last yr--- hope they add to your decorations in a small way.... I consider you and Maxi part of my family after all!
Jackets made the same way would be so very warm--- keep out all the drafts I would imagine-- good idea you have.
Nana

#129720 December 15th, 2005 at 12:04 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Nana, I LOVE those stockings! I think they are the prettiest ones I have seen in a very long time and I knew right away you had made them. Thank you!

I was also thinking I could use your throw technique to make dresses! You know, like kaftans?

Can you tell I have been way too cold for too long?

I know, it flipped me out because I remember when you went shopping for our throws and it was ages before the chats in Banter.

Thank you so much my sister, my friend.

Merme

#129721 December 15th, 2005 at 12:37 PM
Merme,
You are more than welcome- and so glad they will keep you a little warmer-- I hate being cold too- and you know I never made one for myself.... have a couple extras I found on sale this may be the year...LOL!
I think the caftan idea would work- maybe use velcro to fasten it- I am for easy- don't like zippers or buttons- hands don't work them well anymore... lightweight batting and fleece- bet you could sell them at your church sales too- I buy the throws when they are on sale usually- and the fabric stores always have coupons online here - JoAnn's anyway--- they sell on line too-
I like the stockings because they are simple and not fancy- kind of look like a kid could have made them... and the patterns for the appliques came from my cookie cutters! I will try and get a pic of the felt ornaments we made yrs ago- used a kids color book for the patterns for them.... LOL!
Nana

#129722 December 15th, 2005 at 12:46 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
Aren't you the clever one, Nana!

I would love to see photos of the ornaments...

Merme

Link Copied to Clipboard