This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129650 April 30th, 2005 at 07:42 AM
Lefse Offline OP
OP Offline
On the house we are buying. Should be in early next week. On the other hand, the 18 year old firefighter son has another WPW trigger (Wolfe-Parkinson-White syndrom). It's an extra pulse trigger in the heart that makes the heart go 3 to 4 times as fast as it is supposed to. Not good... He had surgery 2 1/2 years ago and had 3 triggers fixed then. Guess they missed one.

#129651 April 30th, 2005 at 02:05 PM
flw flw CONGRATULATIONS! ON A PAPERWORK JOB WELL DONE! flw flw

You must be thrilled! Want to describe the house for us all?

And about your son, what are the docs saying about the trigger that was missed? Will there be more surgery?

Merme

#129652 April 30th, 2005 at 08:40 PM
SN Offline
My dad had WPW, for most of his life. I remember being about 9 years old, calling the ambulance for him because he had been doing his calisthenics and then could not get up from the floor because of his heart.

He took BP medicine on and off whenever the patterns would change. It was hard for him, he was always really active. He is a very active person, still.

He had a heart attack (blood clot) around 7-8 years ago, and something strange happened. It acted like a natural ablation, I guess, he no longer had WPW.

He scared me last fall, bad readings on his various tests, they went in by catheter believing they would be doing a stent or by-pass, and neither was needed, he was still the same blackage as he had been 7 years ago - 35%.

I am glad they have more options these days for WPW, for my dad, it was learning to live with it...

Congrats on your new home!

#129653 April 30th, 2005 at 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats lefse, and prayers for the son...

#129654 May 1st, 2005 at 09:59 AM
Lefse Offline OP
OP Offline
Nick had an "episode" Friday that he recorded on the monitor and sent in. The doctor called back within minutes and said he would set up an appointment first part of the week. He said there were two options, one being medication every day for the rest of his life, and the other one being surgery like last time. Nick wants to get it done and over with. The sooner the better. Really bums him out when I answer tones for the Fire Department and he can't go with. Bugs me that he isn't watching my back while I'm out there. Thanks for the prayers, all!

Link Copied to Clipboard