This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129636 October 10th, 2005 at 01:24 AM
T
thorns Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you Wezzie for your concern. Though we sustained some damage from Katrina, it was mostly wind. Our neighborhood was named 'Tall Timbers' and if you can imagine what 145mph winds can do to a tree filled neighborhood, well that's what ours looked like. Fortunately it is now somewhat cleaned up and looks a lot better. Taped up Refrigerators line the streets along with huge piles of green and brown debris.
I live on the west bank of New Orleans in Algiers. The city itself is another story. Most of which was seen on television did not give the full ugly picture ...Dante's Inferno was a pleasure cruise in comparision.
I have family members who lived in lower Plaquimines Parish who completely lost everything. Relatively speaking however, we are all fine. We evacuated to Monroe, La. to my son's home there and we are all safe. Which in the end is the best that can be. Where there is life, there is hope and rebuilding will commense at some point.

#129637 October 10th, 2005 at 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi thorns wavey glad you made it through... lots of us have been praying for those in the rough spots... and my brother is one of the national guardsmen deployed to help... good luck to you and yours and stop by often!

#129638 October 10th, 2005 at 08:47 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hey Thorns, GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!
I had been wondering how you were and what you
have been up to!!!!
I am glad to hear you were okay thru the storm...
*We still have one member without power, Njoynit, from Texas, from Hurricane Rita...* so, we'd just
been checking up on all of the members thru that area...waiting to hear from them...

How did you're plants do?
Okay?

We have a couple of new members that do herbs..
stop in when you get a chance.. wavey gab

Link Copied to Clipboard