This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129530 May 6th, 2005 at 01:33 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I am lover of all things nature and am learning trial by fire here in Puerto Rico what things grow and where. I recently moved here from the Midwest and need help with my beautiful new gardenias. I bought 5 plants, many with buds, one that has gifted me 3 breathtaking flowers. Questions: 1) I have them in large pots in afternoon partial sun. Is this ok? 2)They are within 10 feet of my waterfall from the pool and receive constant light misting...is this ok? 3)They are a little leggy and I think they should be pruned...I don't know if they ever go dormant in this climate...when can I prune? 4) Some leaves turn yellow with black spots and fall off...should I be combating this with any products? I am so excited to begin growing my tropical haven here...just want to make sure all my plants are happy and healthy. Thanks for your help!

#129531 May 6th, 2005 at 01:41 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Hi! wavey
Welcome to the forum!

I know absolutely nothing about gardenias, so I'll just say "Howdy" and welcome you to the forum!

One of the hostesses here will probably move this to a different spot so more members who grow gardenias will see it and can answer your questions.

But, please stick around after you get your questions answered. We learn something new every day here, and have a lot of fun doing it!

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

Link Copied to Clipboard