This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12849 May 22nd, 2003 at 04:43 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Boy im making you guys work today...I was recently given 3 different lipstick plants from a friend who cant stand houseplants anymore.. One is a thick cucculent feeling plant, which looks nothing like a lipstick plant but does have a lipstick like flower on it..The others your typical lipstick plant, and the OTHER one is ver frail looking and has very soft leaves..Is the plants related or are they different specias that happen to have lipstick looking flowers?
Im sorry so long but I just cant figure out what they are. I can email anyone pics if they want to see...

thanks!! Cassie laugh

#12850 May 23rd, 2003 at 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cassie,

There are a variety of Aeschynanthus species that include the lipstick plant. There are also Columnea species, often called goldfish plants that have a similar look. All of these are in the Gesneriad family of plants.

Let me know if you ned further help.

Link Copied to Clipboard