This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#128542 April 15th, 2005 at 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine are kind of close too.......I know that with seeds they say to pick one that looks good, and then snip the ones that are too close to it with scissors....because if you pull it, it may disrupt the roots growing on the good one. I don't know though.....I haven't done that with mine yet.....I'm just letting them do their own thing.....There were so few seeds in the packet that I don't want to chop one down..... frown

#128543 April 15th, 2005 at 07:54 PM
I have two sprouts, too! I sure don't want to cut one out. Knowing my luck I would choose the one that was ready to die anyway. laugh When do you put them in a pot? Or transplant them outside?

Dianna

#128544 April 15th, 2005 at 08:19 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I had typed up the directions for someone and kept them just in case....

8. When the Wonder Egg seedling is about 4 to 5 inches tall, or the roots grow through the sides, it is time to plantthe "Pop~up~Pot" into a larger container-6 inch pots are fine- using good potting soil. (*Do not remove the net around the "Pop~up~Pot")
9. When the time is right-transplant Wonder Egg outside in a sunny location in a 3-gallon container or tub, so it can be moved where you want to watch this decorative and ornamental Wonder Egg. But remember that this warm~weather plant needs at least half a day of sun and also responds most favorably if liquid fertilizer is added semi~weekly.
Weezie

#128545 April 15th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
Thank you, Weezie. Maybe my egg won't get scrambled this time! laugh

Dianna

#128546 April 15th, 2005 at 08:41 PM
I looked at my sprouts today..........and they were wilted and hanging over the side of the jiffy pot. eek eek eek Upon further inspection, the pot was pretty dry....but didn't look light brown in color at all!!! So, I put some water into the pot (which it didn't even want to suck up!! eek ) and put it back to where I keep it. I'm sooooooooo sad! I hope they perk up...there actually is a 3rd sprout getting ready to pop up, so I hope that if the 2 larger ones don't make it, that this little baby one will. BZ and I planted these together! eek eek

Up until today, I was having the same problem as Loz...I just couldn't bring myself to cutting a sprout away because the packet came with so few seeds!...I guess that's not going to be much of a problem now, eh? Duh

#128547 April 15th, 2005 at 09:15 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well, if it's any concellation, I haven't even
planted mine yet....No room in my house, nor window/light space and the greenhouse isn't warm enough during the nights yet. eek eek eek

Weezie

#128548 April 15th, 2005 at 10:42 PM
i replanted some today and let's just hope that they sprout and live this time cuz i only have like 2 seeds left! i planted some outside and they aren't doing anything yet! my picotee cleomes are doing GREAT so far though!! crit

#128549 April 15th, 2005 at 11:40 PM
They're alive!!! Literally 2 hours later and they're up and looking like nothing ever happend! Whew! Man, I like it when things like that happen! smile

#128550 April 16th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
laugh Jenn, I'm so glad they pulled through! thumbup How big are yours? I still have mine growing in the egg thing.....seems like it helps keep it moist and they aren't very tall yet......

One of my hyacinth vines was flopped over today from lack of water(oops-bad loz), I watered it and it popped right back up--sometimes we get lucky huh???

MissJamie--hoping that yours grow okay--I was surprised at how long it took for the seeds to pop out of the soil, then just when I was thinking that they weren't going to grow they sprouted.... thumbup

Weezie.....I'll bet you are SO ready to get them started aren't you? grinnnn

#128551 April 16th, 2005 at 04:29 AM
Mine is just over an inch tall. I took the lid off of the egg like the directions said to...I'm afraid it will get moldy if I don't! I'll just have to make sure that I'm keeping an eye on the jiffy pot.

#128552 April 16th, 2005 at 04:47 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'm thinkin' of getting some extra Jiffy's and tryin' them all different ways...
Always experimenting thumbup

I've been eyeballin' those deposable cake pans,
with the plastic see thru lids and tryin' some
that way too!!

Weezie

#128553 April 16th, 2005 at 07:03 AM
My little guy is probably 2-3 inches tall-he's doing ok, but some of his lower leaves are looking a little brown. I noticed tonight that the roots are starting to poke out of the bottom, so I guess it's time to pot on. How does a mix of compost & potting soil sound?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard