This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12831 November 17th, 2003 at 12:12 AM
K
Kay Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We have a very small yard and would like help to design it to the max! We have one area that is 15x25 feet that will be new plantings, and the rest of the yard just needs to be filled in.
Appreciate any help and advice that you might have.

#12832 November 17th, 2003 at 12:46 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Kay....Welcome to The Garden Helper!
I can't help you but there should be someone by to help you with ideas! Check back several times because some people come and go during the week as well!

What kind of plants/bushes/trees are you thinking about?

While you are waiting feel free to look around and chime in whenever you feel like it. More the merrier around here!

How many grandkids do you have? I have one and she is 8 months old now! Do you have any pets?
kit Catlover kit

#12833 November 17th, 2003 at 04:13 AM
Hi Kay!
First of all, Welcome! You'll find tons of info on all aspects of gardening on this site! (And you'll find some pretty nice folks, too! thumbup )
In regard to your question, I have some questions of my own first...
Is the 15x25 area you're speaking of in sun or shade or maybe some of both?
Do you know what plant hardiness zone you're in? (If you don't know, we can help you find out)
Is the area close to your house or another building? If so, is it on the North, South, etc.?
Would you like the area completely planted, or would you like a seating area, pathway, etc.?
Is privacy an issue in the area?
Does the area need to be child or pet "friendly"?
Do you want lots of color, or would you prefer a "green" feel?
I know this seems like alot of questions (and there will probably be more wink ) but with the answers, I (and alot of the other members here) will be able to help you design an area that will not only look good, but suit your needs, too.
Let us know, and we'll help ya figure it out!

Nikkal

#12834 November 18th, 2003 at 02:34 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
Hi Kay,

Containers, containers, containers! When you run out of plantable room, you can always use containers! Plus, they are great fun to rearrange, from time to time, for different looks.

jc2weho luv

Link Copied to Clipboard