This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127984 October 24th, 2005 at 01:17 AM
OP Offline
Hi all. I was out enjoying my coffee this a.m. and looking over my yard. I moved into this house in Aug and the seller's dh obviously had more of a 'knack' for gardening/yardwork than I do. I need to hone my skills LOL. I have "?"s and figured this forum was the place to go. I will look around at other threads to see where is best to post my questions.
Thanks!
wannabe

#127985 October 24th, 2005 at 01:30 AM
I have "?"s and figured this forum was the place to go.
You definitely came to the right place! wavey

#127986 October 24th, 2005 at 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You found the right place for great info!!!!

Anyone can have a green thumb---it's all trial and error....let us know how things progress with your garden okay...Welcome! smile

Laura wavey

#127987 October 24th, 2005 at 10:39 AM
S
S
welcome wannabgreenthumb.

i'm in the midst of trying to colour mine green as well ;-)

#127988 October 26th, 2005 at 10:53 AM
welcome Wannabgreenthumb angell

#127989 October 26th, 2005 at 11:58 PM
welcome-we all have many opions and advise and are not afraid to share them! all in good fun though. And we all have had some preety off the wall questions as well as basic so ask away and join right in!

#127990 October 28th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
OP Offline
YES, trial and error describes my plant relationships to a "T" haha. I feel I have a mission to save the plants from Walmart employees too. It is a sickness heee heee.

I have posted to the butterfly bush type thread. Also, I have tried to search archives for my issue with pine needles/straw. If there is archived stuff I should look thru, please let me know where to find it. I do not have compost pile and we have golf course home-not quite sure if it's the best idea where I live...any commments/suggestions?? I am wondering what to do with all this pine straw we have at our new home w/o a compost pile ? smile
I've got an almost-3-yr old and it makes it tough to have research time.
Thanks,
wannabe

#127991 October 28th, 2005 at 02:35 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I feel I have a mission to save the plants from Walmart employees too. It is a sickness heee heee.
Boy did you find the right place..
There's a ton of us that have that same mission..
I really feel sorry for EVERY plant at Wally~World..

Welcome Aboard!!!

And we have some Texan's in the house too!!!
Lot's to be exact...
Njoynit, Jimmy/JV, Angelblossom, TexasWildflower,
bunches more, I'm just stumped at the moment..

Glad you found us!!! wavey grinnnn

#127992 October 28th, 2005 at 04:51 AM
I feel I have a mission to save the plants from Walmart employees too.
I can't believe they charge me money to rescue their plants, some of them are half dead!

#127993 October 28th, 2005 at 08:17 AM
I feel I have a mission to save the plants from Walmart employees too.
I can't believe they charge me money to rescue their plants, some of them are half dead!

Welcome wavey you have come to right place to learn more and become very addicted LOL...

Speaking of Wal Mart I was there today and a trip to Wal Mart means always a visit to the garden center, I picked up a little Christmas cactus and was thinking of taking it home until the darn thing sent a thorn into my finger...ungrateful thing!!! I left it at the mercy of Wal Mart employees. :p

#127994 October 28th, 2005 at 09:11 AM
OP Offline
Okay, does anyone have suggestions for my pine straw usage w/o having a compost pile?

Also, I posted to butterfly bush thread and still no answers. Is it too soon to expect responses?
thanks
wannabe

#127995 October 28th, 2005 at 09:35 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Mulch your bed with it...
Will hold in lot's of moisture...
and would be especially good for
acid loving plants, like Rhode's,
Azalea's, Tomotoes...

Put it on straight as is, *the size*
and/or chop it up with your lawn mower...

How come you don't have a compost pile???
May I ask, just outta curiousity???

And..........
and we have golf course home-not quite sure if it's the best idea where I live...
What is that? You have a golf course at your home, or next to it?

#127996 October 28th, 2005 at 09:11 PM
A big ole welcome green thumb!!! wavey

Agree with Weezie about pinestraw. You will soon learn if not already, Weezie's always on top of things around here. I am sort of new, but that I have already learned. Hang around and you will see how much fun it is to be with other gardeners! thumbup

#127997 November 2nd, 2005 at 12:10 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by weezie13:
How come you don't have a compost pile???
May I ask, just outta curiousity???

And.......... You have a golf course at your home, or next to it? [/QB]
WEEZIE,
I don't have compost as I am a beginner. I never knew how and I don't even know anyone personally who has one.

Yes, my house is just off of a golf course, so close that they drive their golf carts right up to (and sometimes on to) the property to look for their lost ball. LOL-lazy folks can't walk around to do it I guess. Anyhow, we have to get 'committee approval' just for a fence! I was not sure about how 'acceptable' or not that would be for a compost pile.

Thanks, I'll keep my pine needles in the beds. Maybe it will be easier to manage after hubby mows and then cleaned up. I definitely have plenty of areas to place it!
wannabe

Link Copied to Clipboard