This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12794 July 24th, 2003 at 03:59 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I just noticed that the leaves of my zucchini plants have tons, and I mean TONS of bugs all over them. They are a browninsh color. Any idea what they are, if they could potentially be harmful to the zucchini, and if so - how in the heck do I get rid of theM?

#12795 July 24th, 2003 at 06:55 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Jillcage,
And welcome to the garden helpers forum...
Alot of great gardeners here and very friendly and lot's of good advise and fun to talk with!!!

Got a quick question to ask,
when you say brownish, are they like
a metalic brownish, rust color?
at least 6 legs, are they stripping the leaves?
Could be Japanese beetles, how big are they?
I've got cucumber beetles on mine, but they are yellow and black stripped.....

Are they doing anything to the zucchini's plants and or leaves???

Let us know!!!
Happy Gardening
Weezie

#12796 July 25th, 2003 at 05:21 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Weezie - and thanks for the reply. I also have some beetles on our rhubarb...the ones on the zucchini aren't the same thing. Yes, they are eating the leaves. They are a medium brownish color. Not sure how many legs they have. They don't seem to be attacking the zucchini itself, just the leaves. However, I have seen them walking on the zucchini. Hmmm...

Link Copied to Clipboard