This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127690 December 6th, 2004 at 04:42 PM
D
D Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've received an invitation for enrollment in the "NATIONAL HOME GARDENING CLUB" to receive free tools to try and keep. Has anyone ever heard of this group or had any experiences with them? If I read it right the memebership is only $1/mo. which sounds too good to be true. Please let me know if anyone has any thing they can tell me about it. Thanks

D

#127691 December 6th, 2004 at 05:04 PM
I was "invited" also....Beware!! Its more than $1 a month. Make sure you read or get all the information. I can't remember how much it was but I remember it was very misleading.
Linda
P.S. I'll look for my paper work on it and get back to you.

#127692 December 6th, 2004 at 06:24 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
"NATIONAL HOME GARDENING CLUB" has been around for a long time that I know of, I was just talking about this club to someone the other day..

I was a member a few years back, they do send a free pruner with your sign up, but it may vary from sign up to sign up... The pruners weren't the greatest, and I even called back and said something to them, as if those were the tools they were sending, um, I wanted to know WHO tested these ones and throw them off the testing board, cause they'd been nippin' at something...
They send me a lovely pair again, apologized and I used them alot until I found FISKAR's!!!

But anyways, I never was asked to test any, I would imagine that the amount of members vs. the amount of testing products is limited, so, one member may never see any products and one may see a pair of gloves, and I never personally knew anyone that tested the rototillers, or large machinery, but I would imagine for the most part it's on the up and up...

I personally loved the little magazine that came in the packaging, with the one dollar a month, it' was called Gardening HOW-TO I believe... I liked the lay out and the basicness of it for gardeners, lot's of good advice... * I personally was getting something like 27 magazines, and due to lack of $$$ and not working I had to give ALL of my magazines up, it was expensive after a while, but if I could join back up for magazines, I would be doing that one for one of my firsts to do so....and for $1.00 an issue, where can you find a magazine for that price.

I could give it my Weezie's Duh but the magazine was well worth it!!!

Weezie

#127693 December 6th, 2004 at 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been a member for a couple of years. Its $12.00 a year with discounts if you pay for multiple years at one time. I have tested gardening tools,insect repellant,seeds,sunscreen and rooting hormone. By the way Weezie...I am Irish thumbup laugh The are definately on the up and up! The magazine you recieve is chock full of great info and pictures and they also have bi-monthly give-aways.

I would recommend it to everyone thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#127694 December 7th, 2004 at 07:25 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I have been a member for a couple of years and REALLY like the magazine. I have also tested a few things that were fun and they send free seed packets pretty regular. I have never had a problem and I always thought it was pretty inexpensive. However...what they do is after you have been a member for a while they offer you a life time membership...for a price, and I can't remember how much but you can pay it in monthly installments but once it's paid you have the membership (magazine & offers) forever. so it all depends on how much you enjoy it whether it is worth it or not.

#127695 December 7th, 2004 at 05:29 PM
Wow......maybe I should check into it again!!
Linda

#127696 December 7th, 2004 at 07:51 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I agree with that magazine, it's got alot
of basic info in it and you don't need a rocket scienctists degree to read it, alot of little tid bits of info, and great for someone who isn't rich (*or is rich)...It's a nice magazine.

***G~mom, I'm Irish too smile grinnnn , I wonder what happened to me??? :rolleyes: shocked wink laugh lala

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard