This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126764 November 10th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Do you have a remedy for head cold relief?

I seem to have picked up a head cold, and now's just not a good time to be sick...I have paperwork to do, a house to clean, my horse has a shoe appt. at 3... laugh

uuuhhhgggg...anything that will help?

#126765 November 10th, 2005 at 03:46 AM
Aww, Barleychown. So sorry you feel bad. Here is a "home" remedy for a decongestant. I haven't tried it. It is just something I found while snooping around on the net....

Dianna

#126766 November 10th, 2005 at 05:31 AM
J
J
Barley, sorry you are feeling bad. I think the best remedy for a head cold relief is the old tried and tested Vick vapour rub. Can you get it over there?. If you can, put a little bit in a basin of very hot water stir it well, cover your head with a towel, bend over the basin and breathe in the vapors from the vick, do it for as long as you can stand it. Do it a couple of times about 3hrs apart.
Also rub some of the Vick on your chest, so you are constantly breathing in the vapors.
Hope you feel better soon.
Doreen.

#126767 November 10th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
Nothing clears my head more than a hot cup of chicken noode soup loaded with cayenne pepper. Of course, I love spicy foods....but if u can handle it....it works! Also, Vicks DayQuil works great. I take half the dose because I find it wakes me up a bit too much...don't like that shaky feeling...kind of like when u over do it with the caffeine. Good Luck Barley!
Christina

#126768 November 10th, 2005 at 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by ChristinaC:
Nothing clears my head more than a hot cup of chicken noode soup loaded with cayenne pepper. ... Good Luck Barley!
Christina
i do the same thing, only without the pepper! kissies hope you feel better soon sarah!

#126769 November 10th, 2005 at 06:08 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Vick's also has a soothing vapor wash...(I think it is actually for babies in the baby dept) I use it a lot..it is wonderful. And now they have those vapor shower fizzies that you can use while you are in the shower.

#126770 November 10th, 2005 at 08:34 PM
Barley, all of the above work well when you need to be up and around functioning while having a head cold. But when you need to rest and hopefully sleep, my grandmother's home remedy still works the best for me....

Do a treatment with the vapor stuff then prepare a mug of hot tea with a shot of whiskey added. Some people add lemon and/or honey. Climb in bed and drink it down while it's still hot. It really helps with all the achy, restless, chilly feelings that can strike at night.

Merme

Link Copied to Clipboard