This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How cool....
#126679 July 21st, 2005 at 04:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My best friends dad was getting ready to re-landscape his front yard. Well he had 2 really, really big Azaleas in the front that he was getting ready to rip up--and get rid of!! clp FOR FREE!!!! Now that's a bargain... laugh wink

Re: How cool....
#126680 July 21st, 2005 at 05:17 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Your very right that is a bargain Loz. Wow good deal.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#126681 July 21st, 2005 at 05:25 PM
Meg Offline
Wow Loz, I'm jealous!! THREE Azaleas!! That is wonderful! And you can't beat FREE!!

#126682 July 21st, 2005 at 05:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can only keep my fingers crossed that they've transplanted okay and aren't going to totally die.....

Mark put wooden boxes around all of the hydrangeas and shrubs...well 3 boxes have been empty(they had wild roses in them originally that never bloomed, so I pulled them)--so I had the perfect spots for all 3 of them......

#126683 July 21st, 2005 at 06:13 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
What a perfect solution. Sounds like that transplant was blessed. I'll cross my fingers for them too. Can we see pictures?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#126684 July 21st, 2005 at 06:59 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
What a lucky~lucky girl you are!!!

I love those bushes...

You don't have any pictures for us do you??????
Where were the boxes in your yard??
What side???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
#126685 July 21st, 2005 at 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll have to run out and take a picture later.....If you are looking down at my yard the boxes Mark made are on the right side of the yard.......

They may not be as huge as I first said...but they are huge compared to the ones that I bought at Lowes....They've been growing in the same spot of my friends yard for about 15 years she said so they are pretty mature....

I'll post a pic later on! Any free plant/shrub is welcome in my yard...excpet anything really invasive...LOL

#126686 July 22nd, 2005 at 12:40 AM
R
R
Get some "super thrive".

I will swear by it. It saved 3 metasequoia 'dawn redwood' on my campus. There was a lot of construction, when I first started. They had undercut the trees & left their roots exposed. They were nearly dead.

Disney Land uses "superthrive" when transplanting around the park. Golf courses, out here, also use it.

There is a 98% survval rate compare to not using it.

SUPERthrive

[Linked Image]
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
#126687 July 22nd, 2005 at 08:16 AM
What luck I am so happy for you! That is wonderful news. I just transplanted my bushes because the darn rabbits were gnawing on them. They are in a higher traffic area now. Hopefully they will do well. They are pretty small just got them this year at lowe's as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie\'s Photos

Link Copied to Clipboard