This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12630 May 11th, 2003 at 06:59 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I have two Hibiscus plants on my screened in porch. Both plants get the same and equal treatment. One plant is beautiful. The other plant's leaves are turning yellow and falling off!!! I have had to fight aphids a little bit. But the puzzling thing is the aphids were worse on the plant that is doing well! So I dont understand. Does anyone have suggestions??? confused

#12631 May 11th, 2003 at 10:02 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Gertster,
I have a few Hibiscus plants planted outside. The only thing "so far" that attacks them is the darn whiteflies. The aphids are on the new growth of leaves on the lemon tree. What "I" do for aphids is either smash with my fingers or spray them with a dishsoap and water mixture. I only use chemicals as my last resort. For ex. Round Up on my Burmuda grass weed and on the Purslane. Sorry getting side tracked here as far as the yellow leaves it may have to do with the watering. I know they don't like their feet wet. Wish I could of been more help. Let us know what happens and what works. Catlover, Karen cool

#12632 May 11th, 2003 at 11:07 AM
Gertster,
Hey i have a couple Hibiscus on my front porch in a pot..Mine did the same thing last year..This year i repotted then and used some
TURF MAGIC ITS A PRENIUM HIBISCUS & TROPICAL FOOD..They are just beautiful this year.. But it started to get the bugs on it again so i just dusted some Sevin-5 its from Gardentech..That must have taken care of the bugs..Just water your plant good and dust some sevin dust on let stay for a few days..It really help mine..Hope it do the same for yours..
This TURF MAGIC came from a nursery 3 LB box for just 4.00 .. Hope i was of some help..Im kinda new at this.. smile

#12633 May 14th, 2003 at 02:55 AM
S
S
Hi, Reenie from NJ. I Have hardy hibiscis, I planted 3 last year, this spring I cut them down to the ground, and now there emerging upward, was afraid I cut them the wrong time, there ususally bloom in summer, late. You probably have tropical ones. either one are beautifuly.

Reenie

#12634 May 17th, 2003 at 06:56 AM
P
P
Hi!
Sounds like an interesting predicament. I have three hibiscus which were at the house when we moved in and have had no problems with them, of course I live in the tropics cool so that might explain it. Maybe your yellowing hibiscus has poor drainage or needs new soil. Yellowing is usually a sign that the plant is getting soggy.
I hope that was helpful to you. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard