This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126150 September 29th, 2005 at 03:06 AM
hisgal2 Offline OP
OP Offline
Is anyone decorating for fall yet? What do you do?? So far, I've just let the hairy spiders do their thing in my front windows....looks pretty creepy!!! sca

At school, I've cut out different colored leaves and will be hanging those from the ceiling. I will also be making a pumpkin patch of some sorts on my hallway wall outside of my classroom.

#126151 September 29th, 2005 at 07:23 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I'm in denial still yet Jenn..
Give me a few more weeks!!! wink sca

#126152 September 29th, 2005 at 08:01 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Is anyone decorating for fall yet?
Yes! I've got brown leaves from my maples placed strategically around my yard as if they'd fallen off the trees. lala

Seriously...this year I'm gonna make that witch flying into the telephone pole...the one I started last year, but never could get up the pole!

Cindy

#126153 September 29th, 2005 at 08:09 AM
i probably won't do much. i am probably going to make a wreath for my door. there's a 12" grapevine wreath at walmart and i'm going to take actual leaves from various types of trees after they've fallen off, and paint them with watered-down elmers glue and attach them to the wreath prettily.

other than that, i probably won't be doing anything else, lol.

#126154 September 29th, 2005 at 08:24 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Cindy....There is one of those witch's flying into a telephone pole by the high school....I saw it last year....had to put er in reverse and look again. That IS a good one.

Hmmm...I don't usually do anything for Halloween but I guess I must of the last few years and didn't know it...I have those same brown leaves that Cindy was describing.LOL

You know one thing I would like to get my hands on....the realistic leg that sticks out of the closed trunk. I think they make a hand too. I have seen the back half of a cat in someone's trunk. They look so real I have to really look.

Last year my neighbors older kids were blowing up pumpkins in their front yard with those M80's...is that what they are called...the fireworks that shoot like fire and then explode really loud. Anywho...all the kids were afraid to come up the street....more candy for me!!!lol

#126155 September 29th, 2005 at 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! I've got brown leaves from my maples placed strategically around my yard as if they'd fallen off the trees
Hey me too, you copycat you!!!! laugh p

Well so far I have 2 plug in light up pumpkins out on the purch......some bag lights with different halloween images on them--I put them in the 2 windowbox planters, I have a big fall scarecrow in my now big empty pot....Hmmm, I have some things I painted for fall out on the porch, 2 ghost candles in the window that flicker, and a ghost windsock and a pumpkin windsock.....and a fall wreath on the door....and my fall flag up....

Tomorrow i might go to the local craft store and get some more fall goodies for the porch! clp

#126156 September 29th, 2005 at 09:43 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Here's something my neighbor made up..
[Linked Image]

#126157 September 29th, 2005 at 09:47 AM
Meg Offline
OMG, Weezie!! shk laugh

#126158 September 29th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#126159 September 29th, 2005 at 10:31 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
laugh laugh laugh
That is original! I like the jean one.

#126160 September 29th, 2005 at 05:40 PM
Well I got the pumpkin on the table and I also bought some fall coloured material and made a tablecloth. That's as far as I got. I have a few more things to do but gotta wait til next week, they closed our wal-mart down to open a super wal-mart on oct.6

#126161 September 29th, 2005 at 09:14 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Yes! I've got brown leaves from my maples placed strategically around my yard as if they'd fallen off the trees.
I've done that ..but went astep further and made the grass brown so it looks like HAY!!!!

I am way ahead of you on the fall decorations...I keep the inside of my house decorated for fall all year long! I love fall colors and I keep Snappy Tom & Snappy Timmy (my ceramic soup & gravy terains) out all year along with a lot of creamic & stone fall leaf platters! It's my favorite time of the year...so I keep it that way all year long!
I don't do Halloween stuff...sometimes do the pumpkins on the porch...but if oyu will remember...that is what pretty much got me started here...my pumpkin has busted and the seeds fell in my flower bed in front of the porch and I had PUMPKINS come up in my flower bed!!! BUT...at least I DIDN'T think the were pansies!!!!! laugh

#126162 September 29th, 2005 at 10:37 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hum, a "R" rated front pourch lol. That is so cute. What do they do when the mothers come to visit? Or Grandma? Or heaven forbid the pastor?

I haven't done one thing about decorating for the holidays. But inspite of having limited space to store decorations in I want to get a small pretty wreath for the door this year. It may be chinzy to have so little but I try to keep in mind that I'll have to leave here some day and I hate having to leave treasures behind. But at least I'll have a little something.

#126163 September 29th, 2005 at 11:15 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
**Tammy,
Hum, a "R" rated front pourch lol. That is so cute. What do they do when the mothers come to visit? Or Grandma? Or heaven forbid the pastor?
Funny you should say that....
She lives on a corner, and the way those
two are facing..........is facing right at a
CHURCH!!!
It is sincerely done in humor, and I haven't
*nor has she* heard anything bad from it...

#126164 September 29th, 2005 at 11:46 PM
catlover - you can probably make your own version of the leg sticking out of the trunk. on aprils fool day, a friend of mine used to take an old pair of socks or stockings and stuff it and then put shoes on it (or maybe the shoe was on before it was fully stuffed) you'd have to play with that a little ) and then she would prop them up against ta toilet in the teachers bathroom (or anywhere else like that) and lock the dorr and crawl out underthe door laugh laugh the effect was always startling - the first year the principal was reallyworried for a while lol!! anyway, you could do the same thing just make sure you have it stuck in the trunk door so it doesnt fall out easily!
have fun decorating everyone!! flw

#126165 September 30th, 2005 at 04:10 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
might have to glue the shoe to the stocking to make sure it doesn't come off when you are driving down the road. It's sounds like it would be a kick. Especially if you can find those red and white socks lol. Have fun with it whatever you decide.

#126166 October 1st, 2005 at 02:03 AM
HI,
I have a scarecrow I made yrs ago... out of ourgown clothes size 3 from the oldest of my youngest dd's- striped shirt and jeans- made a face - added raffia hair and a strawhat... turned out cute- need to get it down out of the rafters and my haybale too- I will get a couple of pumpkins to sit around it and set it out on the front porch- doesn't seem like it is fall yet- 86* out there today- really strange weather we are having so far--- be cooling off soon I imagine..
Nana

#126167 October 1st, 2005 at 06:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nana, i had a scarecrow like that once. i made it from an old pair of matthew's jeans and an old flannel shirt he had. i used a small sized basket ball for the head, pine straw to fill it, and tied a pair of his sneakers to it. i used stickers for the face and put a ball cap on it! boy does that bring back memories thumbup i think i'll have to check out some yard sales tomorrow and see if i can find the clothes to make another one!

#126168 October 2nd, 2005 at 07:20 PM
Hey, that's so cool that you mentioned that. I just went yesterday and bought some material to make one. I was going to get material to make a witch for the front door, but the fall material was so pretty that I changed my mind to make the scarecrow instead.

#126169 October 5th, 2005 at 01:08 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
We have a friend who has a massive barn by the highway. They put jeans and old boot together sticking out the upper door where the hay goes in for storage. It looks like a guy is desperatly scrambing to keep from falling. Stopped more than a few passers by. I live at the end of a dead end road 8 miles out in the country. So any decorating I do, is strictly for myself. I haven't got all the summer things taken down yet. I do have a fall leaf/acorn wreath on the front door however and big huge silk orangey mums in vases in the window. I also have the common brown and yellow maple leaf decorated lawn which is also a hay color. laugh laugh I ordered some tree faces for 2 of my maple trees and we are doing the family pumpkin carving on the 16th. I am going to visit my grandkids the following weekend, taking treats and jack o' lanterns. When we lived in town, I used to dress up in costume to hand out treats. We put up a special door knob and all kinds of special effects. Our house sat way back from the stree so quite a few kids were scared silly to come clear up to our house, even though the porch light was on. Gosh I miss those days. We usually make a pumpkin person sitting on my park bench on the front porch, even here. Just a carved pumpkin sitting on or next to a stuffed clothing body. Can look kind of spooky with no lights though. LOL

#126170 October 5th, 2005 at 01:09 AM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
special door knob???? I means door bell....a special door bell. sheesh

Link Copied to Clipboard