This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#125644 May 5th, 2005 at 09:24 AM
mike57 Offline OP
OP Offline
HI wavey all was just wondering how all yalls gardeing was going. I planted and i am growing.moon flower vines,lavender moon flower vines,hycenth been white pods purple stripe,all my bearded iris are blooming,got 3 diffrent kinds of hibiscus coming up all my day lillys are growing like mad should have lots n lots of bloom on them this year.i have got angels trumphits coming up and have planted my bigest flower bed with seeds its abought 80 feet long and 5 to 6 feet wide.should look real nice i planted a large varity of seed in it a bunch that i traded for this year.i still have abought 9 more beds to plant yet and plan on building a few more.hope your gardens do great this year.your friend in gardening.mike57 wavey flw flw

#125645 May 5th, 2005 at 11:41 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Hi Mike,

I'm glad to see you are up and at it again.

Well I have some bald spots where stuff didn't come up like the celosia. And most of the ones I started indoors did not transplant well. But by the same token I've learned how to better the odds next year so it's not as disheartening as it used to be before I found the forum.

I was doing a late evening watering last night and I think I saw the glads starting to come up. That would be cool.

I am still checking the columbine twice a day to see when the seed pods turn brown but not yet.

And I'm still not sure what my little evergreen shrub down in mystery plants is but everyone needs alittle mystery in their lives I guess.

The vinegar, salt, dishsoap weedkiller is turning the bermuda grass brown which is a good thing. I tried the cardboard compost process to clear some more space for some plants right up against some concrete blocks and the grass came up there. I couldn't get at it without messing up the cardboard so I tried the weedkiller.

I have so much to write but I'll let it go for now. Take care of yourself.

#125646 May 5th, 2005 at 01:41 PM
Hi Mike-my-friend-in-gardening and Hi Tk~

Our "gardens" are still mud pits with nothing in the ground as yet. BUT! On Monday I did see some forsythia and daffodils in bloom around our town. And I have a pot of yellow pansies someone bought me on the porch. YIPEE!!!

Merme

#125647 May 5th, 2005 at 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything is growing like crazy down here thumbup My roses are putting on the most spectacular show they ever have,right now there are 61 blooms on 12 bushes thumbup The african iris,bearded iris,glads and amaryllis are blooming!

I've been using Naturize instead of Miracle Grow and can tell a HUGE difference thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#125648 May 5th, 2005 at 02:50 PM
Greenhouse Pixie
Greenhouse Pixie
omg i should totally take a picture of my garden right now for my webshots ^.^ I have a lil teeny one outside my door, and i destroyed a buncha japanese knotwood to get it there. When i destroyed the knotwood, alllllllll these tulips and irises started showing up o.O So i tore out more knotwood, and found more flowers shooting up! my entire knotwood forest used to be a really pretty garden!!! SUMMER PROJECT!!

But ya all the stuff i planted last year except for the millirs and taros are alive again ^.^ My easter lilies came back! that makes me excited!

~Phoebe

#125649 May 5th, 2005 at 03:21 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Naturalize huh? Ok I'm putting the name on my list. lol Although I don't think I'm going to run out of the stuff I have for quite awhile. I just learned that roses can be grown by cuttings, I didn't know that. confused I don't know lots of things. But I'm really glad to hear that. I just pulled up another foot of grass/weeds/"i don't know what it was stuff" out in the garden and am feeling very pleased with myself. It doesn't take much to please me does it? And I transplanted one of the evergreen groundcover plants (whatever they are).

#125650 May 5th, 2005 at 03:34 PM
Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny
more tulips are blooming here. I just finished weeding the giant bulb bed out back. I got a good laugh at myself yesterday. Some growth came up that I though were going to be lilies but then when the flower stalks sharted, I thought no, must be hyacinths well it has started blooming and it is lily of the valley. Another lesson in jumping to conclusions for this beginner. Whatever was chowing down on one of my ranunculus has quit (temporarily?) and I transplanted one of my sugar girl cherry tomatoes into a bigger container. The other one is something else....not a tomato!!! I have to ask my friend who gave it to me what else she planted next to her tomato jiffy pots. My bleeding heart is showing leaves and the astilbe has taken off like gang busters! The parsley and lavender aren't doing much yet but the cilantro/coriander has grown several inches. I put my caladium into the ground and now just looking for the perfect location for the trumpet vine. I am afraid to go to any nurseries for what I will buy....oh and the lilacs I planted are also doing grand except for one....I got it too close to the fence and one of my horses thinks she is a goat and will not leave it alone!

#125651 May 5th, 2005 at 05:35 PM
wavey mike gald to see you up and about thumbup
sprouts,sprouts,sprouts all over the place.and i'm not even sure what they are? i think alot of them are just weeds,but the seeds i put out earlier this year are coming up grinnnn
i've got climbing spinach,dwarf morning glories,sunflowers,thyme,rosemary,spearmint,a fushia,and a ton of pansies(ha ha ha),my wonder gees are ready to transplant grinnnn i have 1tomato seedling,a wild hydrangea,and i just planted a shipment i recieved from spring hill nurseries. i bought from them,dwarf daylillies,tall plox,i have some carnations and 3 other plants i ordered on the way,so i'm excited.
i'm expecting my greenhouse any day now grinnnn
and i'm taking the summer off from work so i'll be able to do alot of landscaping/gardening this season.take care mike glad your feelling better muggs

#125652 May 5th, 2005 at 06:09 PM
E
E
So far so good. My daffs are just ending now, the horse radish is going full speed ahead. the azalea is doing rather nicely after I transplanted it alst year. The dwarf apple is in bloom, so pretty the pink to white flowers are. My grapes are just starting to poke their little vines out. yesterday I finished up the new rose bed. I think I need to get another rose though, one of the three is not lookin so good. I will give it more time, the canes are not black, still got some green on them,,,so maybe.
the tarragon did not make it, my oregano did and is coming up nicely. the thyme is coming up nicely.
Today i am going to til up the veggie side of the garden. I have raised beds with a walk way thru, one side is herbs the other is for veggies.
when I get the main ones done I will be making more beds on the right fence side of the yard.
The fushia is fushia'ing, the baby birds are chirpin in their nest,.
Like I said so far so good!
wink

#125653 May 5th, 2005 at 09:03 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Hey Mike57, our friend in gardening...feelin better? Glad to hear from you...we have missed your posts!
Even though the weather has been unseasonably cooler than usual...things are lookin pretty good. My lambs ear has taken over the front bed so I spent 3 (almost 4) hours yesterday seperating and only got 1 of 4 bunches done! UGH!!!
Have 6 baby squish on one plant, some baby cherry peppers and the tomatoes are starting to bloom. Gonna have strawberries out the wazoo..(now that I have the bird netting)so far 6 red berries. This will be the first year that my blackberry (that had a BAD fungus last year)(and somebody told me to chop it down and start over) (and I didn't listen)will have BERRIES!!!YEAH!! It is blooming like CRAZY. I should have cut it back last year, but really thought it was a goner so didn't do anything to it...
Having some trouble with the cucs...not sure what is going on with them. Have gotten 2 really good cuttings out of the herb garden (except I still don't know how to do with the fennel)
and almost have the new flagpole project completed. Cindy friend is gonna teach me how to post pics so you can see.
Mike57...do you have a camera? I would LOVE to see pics of your beds.(garden beds) sca

#125654 May 12th, 2005 at 04:17 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
GREAT!!!!

Today I could definitely see the three different types of hosta for the first time. When they first came up I was thinking maybe I had three of the same kind but no....they are all different.

And it looks like all five peonies might actually make it, which would be fantastic.

I found a bunch more of the dwaft evergreens today and that's always wonderful especially because some of them that I transplanted don't appear to be doing to good.

And as if that isn't enough to make my day the carnations are actually thinking about sprouting. Not many but a few and that's great.

And the roma tomatoes hear that someone elses were 2 feet tall already so they have grown 4 inches this week. (ok I helped with a little miracle grow and coffee grounds wink .)

#125655 May 13th, 2005 at 03:42 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Mike I think everyone here us probably tired of seeing my roses,Hibiscus so far only have a few (28)Hibiscus friom last year. a bunch of Manhots that Duckie sent me seeds far. But my three Tomato plants have at least 8 tomato's on each plant had to put a brace around them to keep the plants from laying down they were so heavy. My anaheim peppers are putting on plenty of peppers giving them away as I still have a freezer full of Roasted peppers from last year and over the winter. My Jalpeno plants are putting on like crazy have a Laotion pepper doing well can't wait for the fruit. Have about 6 Carribean pepper ssedlings coming along real good. Forgot to mention my Disco Belle Hibiscus and my Luna Blush and Luna Red have come back already about a foot tall leaves are beautiful. Remember Mike you asked. laugh
Jimmy

#125656 May 13th, 2005 at 01:01 PM
Everyone is so ahead of me, my crocus are only blooming now, and the silver mounds are peaking with a bit of green. We had snow flurries yesterday, discouraged me flat. I am only starting out my seeds in trays this week.

Glad that everyone is getting in the swing of things. wavey

#125657 May 13th, 2005 at 01:24 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Good morning,

Took a walk around the garden this morning. The Mauve columbine has burst into bloom. I don't think their is a stem on it that isn't supporting a flower. The White edged purple columbine lost all but 2 of it's blooms. The coriander is growing like a weed. the snapdragons have blooms all up and down their stem where they laid down. And I have a bunch of mystery plants that are probably weeds but the folage is nice so I haven't pulled them up yet.

I tried to transplant 2 of the nastrium but it doesn't look good all of the leaves wilted overnight.

#125658 May 13th, 2005 at 01:24 PM
Meg Offline
Let's see..

Hostas are getting nice & full, and already sending up their flower stalks! They didn't do that last year, till nearly autumn! It's still spring...

Tulips are finally losing last of thier petals.

Mums have some kind of wilt going on, I'm likely to have to get rid of them. thumbup
Put out my peppers that were ready to plant.
Lettuce is showing up, and I think maybe a few carrots are starting to germinate.

I have 10 trees heeled in, on one end of my veggie bed. They need to get moved. Two of them, are getting all green.. of course, they are the crabapple trees. :rolleyes: The ones that probably would be the least favored of the 10 to keep.

I have had to spray for buggies, and for disease already. I have a light insect barrier, and as soon as I spray the veggies area, I'm putting it on.

Hey, I have pretty columbine & pansies this year. Here's a sampling-
spring%202005/flowers020.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Right now, that's about it!
Meg

#125659 May 13th, 2005 at 01:34 PM
mike57 Offline OP
OP Offline
HI wavey all glad to hear all yalls gardens are takeing shape.ive been doing a lot in mine also.may all your gardens be blessed this year.your friend in gardening mike57 wavey flw flw flw

Link Copied to Clipboard