This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12488 May 1st, 2003 at 07:35 PM
A
OP Offline
A
A friend of mine told me that I had spent dirt next to my house where I was going to put some rose bushes. I am nnot sure what that means and what I can do about it. I also wanted to know how early you can plant cucumbers because I started mine inside and I put them outside about 2 weeks ago. I dont know if that was too early or not. I live in Illinois so I am not sure what zone that is. I have some mums and some Hollyhock and some columbine and some hybiscus. I dont know when or where to plant them. I am garden stupid so I just need some pointers. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU!!!!!!

#12489 May 2nd, 2003 at 06:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
about your "spent dirt" problem. The way I solve questionable dirt problems is to dig my hole twice as big as I need, then I fill it with potting soil. I only do this when planting new/transplanted plants but it has worked well for me for years. That way, you give your plants a good mix to get their roots started good. good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard