This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#124839 November 4th, 2005 at 10:54 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I have been having trouble with a stray cat getting inside and "marking", so I borrowed a black light to find any hidden stains...

There needs to be some kind of warning on that!!! YIKES! sca

Now, you have to understand...I clean my house end to end every day. Sweep, mop, the whole deal. nutz

Even the mouldings and stuff I wipe down frequently...they look clean with the lights on, but with the black light, I can see where I'm missing, or just sort of wiping around! :rolleyes:

Yuck...I gotta go clean. With the lights off. As if the neighbors weren't worried enough. :rolleyes:

#124840 November 4th, 2005 at 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barley...I've watched something like that before on either HSN or QVC....They were selling Urine-b-gone or something like that....And it came with a black light to put around your toilet...EWWWW, is all I can say....and the urine crystalizes and doesn't come all the way off with normal cleaning, just with that product.....especially on the carpet....that's why a dog pees in the same place...even though you think the area is clean it isn't....

Pretty gross stuff...I'd buy some of it but I'm totally afraid of what I'd find.....

#124841 November 4th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Do I think my house is clean.........

no!

#124842 November 4th, 2005 at 11:11 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Now, you have to understand...I clean my house end to end every day. Sweep, mop, the whole deal.
Oh, I spend WAY too much time on the forum to do crazy stuff like that. frown
I mopped my kitchen when my internet went out last week... grinnnn
...or was it last month. nutz

#124843 November 4th, 2005 at 11:12 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Oh, man...this wasn't even the urine stain I was looking for...it was EVERYTHING else...

EEEwwwww...just eeewwww. The grout on the kitchen counters....eeewwwwwwwwwww....

More bleach...neeeeeeeeeeed morrrrrrrreeeee bleach!!!! sca

#124844 November 4th, 2005 at 11:14 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I mopped my kitchen when my internet went out last week...
...or was it last month.
Oh, I wish, but BIG dog feet + mud + white tile floor = Mop at LEAST once a day, usually more. :rolleyes: Good thing I love that dog!

#124845 November 4th, 2005 at 12:00 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Think your house is clean?
Hahahahaahahahaahahahahahahaah laugh ahaaaa
laugh hahahahhahaaahaa laugh hahahahahahahahaahaha
laugh hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaaaa laugh
hahahahahaha laugh hahahahahahahaha laugh hahahahhahaha
laugh hahhahahahahhahahhhaaaahahahahhahahhaa

Man that was a good one, I had to find a box
to laugh in to...
Whewwww!!!

#124846 November 4th, 2005 at 12:02 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Glad I could help you! laugh

#124847 November 4th, 2005 at 12:04 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
wink kissies lala

#124848 November 4th, 2005 at 12:09 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
BIG dog feet + mud + white tile floor = Mop at LEAST once a day, usually more.
When I lived with Rachel after my divorce I mopped several times a day. She had white ceramic tile floors in the huge kitchen and dining room...and she didn't even have a big dog!
Man, that thing looked nice after it was mopped... grinnnn
.....for about 5 minutes! :rolleyes:

#124849 November 4th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
As you can clearly see... I keep my entire house scrupulously spotless! shocked
[Linked Image]

I refuse to submit to a blacklight test though!

#124850 November 4th, 2005 at 12:17 PM
NOT EVEN FUNNY!

They just had a news story on our local ABC channel about a woman who had so many cats and did not keep after them - the house was deplorable. They were able to rescue 20 cats, 8 others died on the ride to the kennel, and there were so many decomposing cat bodies in the house that the rescuers were only able to stay inside for 2-3 minutes because of the filth and stench!
So very very sad...
They are looking for the woman - she was nowhere to be found, and she faces 75 counts against her so far.

I know we're joking around here, and it's all in good fun, but something like this just sobbers one up really fast!

#124851 November 4th, 2005 at 12:18 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Cindy, the white tile was here when we moved in...in fact, the whole kitchen is white! Counters, cabniets, floor...I understand why, becasue it's a small kitchen,and white makes it look bigger...but man...not easy to keep clean.

Bill, uh...I think you've got bigger problems that the blacklight! laugh I'd be worried about things with eight legs. Still love ya, though! kissies (note to self...always check for spiders...........)

#124852 November 4th, 2005 at 12:24 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Lynne, some people need more help than we humans know how to give. There are sad stories everywhere you look, unfortunately... thumbup

#124853 November 4th, 2005 at 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love those fake wood floors we put in the kitchen....clean up nice....

One of my things on my xmas list this year is one of those Dirt Devil broom vacs...they've had a lot of ads on TV lately...I think that would work great in the kitchen....

Bill has something really pretty to put in that cobwebby spot!!!!

#124854 November 4th, 2005 at 12:29 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I have one of those vac's...absolutely LOVE it! One of the best things yet...where there isn't white tile in the house, there is pergo. No carpet. thumbup

#124855 November 4th, 2005 at 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great, I'm glad to hear that you have it and love it...that just makes me want it even more...I'd hate to buy junk....That'll probably be one of my most fav. xmas presents...a vac...LOL

#124856 November 4th, 2005 at 12:43 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Hey, don't laugh! I thanked my mom for mine for months after she gave it to me! laugh i am the world worst about sweeping things into a pile in the corner. Seeing as I sweep SEVERAL times a day, I don't always get out the dustpan and sweep it UP. shocked

Drives Mike nuts. So to avoid WW3, mom gave me the vac! Pah, where's the fun in that?!?!? laugh

#124857 November 4th, 2005 at 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't always get out the dustpan and sweep it UP.
Get out of here, are you my long lost sister or something????? laugh I do that all the time too...half the time I can't find the stinking dustpan so I just leave it in the corner until I do find it....I swept the piles up I had on the porch the other day...only because it was trick or treating----Mark said, I wondered how long it was going to take you to do that.....he he he.

Now I can't wait to get it at xmas!!!! thumbup

I've already started asking my dad if he's excited about xmas??? grinnnn It's this stupid thing we do...when I was little I'd ask him, and I kept asking him as I got older--just earlier and earlier....He always answers--if I were any more excited I wouldn't be able to stand it.... laugh

#124858 November 4th, 2005 at 01:14 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Get out of here, are you my long lost sister or something?????
Maybe so! Let me tell you, that pile will drive Mike insane if I leave it. I feel it's my version of leaving the seat up! laugh

#124859 November 4th, 2005 at 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oooo, leaving the seat up is waaaayyyyyy worse....

Especially at 3am in a dark bathroom when you sit on the seat and your butt goes way down where it shouldn't....LOL

#124860 November 4th, 2005 at 01:18 PM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
I agree, but this is the best I can do...that and the big dog!

#124861 November 4th, 2005 at 01:24 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Especially at 3am in a dark bathroom when you sit on the seat and your butt goes way down where it shouldn't....LOL
frown

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

#124862 November 4th, 2005 at 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure....laugh all you want p ....but it does happen...and it's disgusting....and kind of scary to tell you the truth....you expect to stop at a certain place and you just sort of keep going.... :rolleyes:

Speaking of bathrooms--I fell asleep the other night in there.... laugh

#124863 November 4th, 2005 at 01:40 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
I fell asleep the other night in there.... :Big Grin:
Is that sad or is that BAD!!! frown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard