This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12463 March 13th, 2003 at 09:36 AM
A
AZBeth Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I received a Nandina Domestica and have no idea how to take care of it. I live in Arizona and the meaning "full sun" is definitely different here so I want to make sure I put it in the proper location etc. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! It looks beautiful and I don't want to kill it. Thanks

#12464 March 13th, 2003 at 06:53 PM
A
A
Nandina is a really tough plant, don't worry too much, you'd have a hard time killing it if you tried! Keep it well watered the first season it is in the ground to help it get established. Domestica does tend to spread, so be sure to plant it in an area will the running shoots will not be a problem. Since Arizona summers are so scorchingly hot, you might consider planting it in a location with a little shelter from the sun, but not in too much shade or it won't produce as much color on the leaves, which is one of the things that make the plant so attractive.

Link Copied to Clipboard