This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12428 July 21st, 2003 at 08:12 AM
OP Offline
Does anybody have any suggestions for getting rid of wasps? We have so many around our house (the front door, nonetheless!) that we are afraid to be outside. I saw them going up into the soffit and have no idea how to bomb them. They are a mean, nasty bunch. I put out a wasp trap, but that doesn't help that much. I had 1 in it after being out there all day. Please help me get back to my flowers! I have been stung before and it was NOT fun!

#12429 July 21st, 2003 at 08:24 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Sporty,
I just posted a thing on one of the other questions about wasps. (Well, yellow jackets)
Under the balloon flowers,

I hate to kill them, because if they would just stay on the flowers they'd have a good home. But I've got to little boys and out side alot and the first one is allergic to everything, and he has a slight reaction when stung and if it's the bees or the kid, I'm gonna pick the kid.
But ole, natural girl here says, I guess if you've gotta get them away from the house, there are non~chemical ones that are out that will do the trick... We've used it on the swing set and climbing units we have. I feel bad, but the little ones don't deserve it, all's they're doing is playing. Those yellow jackets can be so aggressive when there's food around.
If you go to the garden sections there should be one with a pyretherine in it... That's a natural ingredient for killing them or something like that, read the label, it'll say it in bold print. This one we have smells like peppermint. We spray it at night just before we go to bed, with a flashlight, so they are sleeping and any that do come out won't get us in the dark. We may go back one more time the next night to finish the stragglers...
Hope this info helps!!
Weezie

#12430 July 21st, 2003 at 08:29 AM
I
I
if you know where the nest is you can get RAID for wasps it sprays like 20ft. raid kills every thing i use it all the time some times i feel like the spokesperson for the company.

#12431 July 21st, 2003 at 02:08 PM
OP Offline
I think Raid is going to do it the best. I will be out there in my pj's tonight eliminating the nasty little buggers. I have nieces, nephews and neighbor kids that come over and I would hate to see one of them get stung.

#12432 July 29th, 2003 at 08:32 AM
I recently got stung by one...those red ones are nasty.was getting mixer out of shed and he got my a$$ hurt like hell flew to pool and dived in as he was chaseing me.then didn't learn lesson....really did want that mixer real bad...LMAO(but not that day)2nd time got me on the nose.was scared he would get in my haor(hair was down after hoping in pool)I got that mixer the 3rd try had broom in hand.have since elimnated from shed.had these lil holes in door is like rippled metal well went out at night and sealed his A$$ with fix a flat..LMAO think they moved into my fig trees.sure glad they think them figs taste good,would be nice of them to share a few

#12433 July 29th, 2003 at 10:00 AM
R
R
I listed a site under the heading Wasp, giant hornet, pests & problems .when I was looking for what could be my newest, flying, intimidating, huge, striped "neighbor". The site has some natural "remedies" to draw them away. hope it helps! wink

Link Copied to Clipboard