This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12402 February 4th, 2003 at 08:15 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I am staying for the whole winter in the Florida Keys and have just recently gotten a Gardenia. I only water it once a week, or if the soil is dry. I keep it outside in the sunshine. Now some of the leaves are yellow and some of the yellow leaves still have some green on them. Help, what should I do??

#12403 February 6th, 2003 at 07:15 PM
S
S
I have only had experience with Gardenias indoors since they won't survive our winters outside. However it has been my experience that they like to be kept evenly moist, bright light, and require special fertilizer. Yellowing leaves is usually overcome by using a fertilizer which is formulated for acid loving plants, try using a product put out by the makers of Miracle Gro, it is called Miracid. The NPK should be 30-10-10. Gardenias are also very susceptible to spider mites so you might want to mist the plant frequently (avoid getting any water on the blooms). Good luck! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard