This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#123803 October 19th, 2005 at 02:43 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I'm new to the forum. I live just outside Atlanta, GA and love gardening. I found this site trying to find info on how to divide banana tree bulbs. Any suggestions?!?!?

We have three levels to the backyard and have named them all. Top: American Maple Valley, beautiful maples and Nellie R Stevens hollies along with plenty of annuals and asiatic lillies. Middle: Japanese Meadow, Crimson Queen, Bloodgood and all kinds of annuals. Bottom: Tropics, Banana trees, windmill palms, crepe myrtles, canna lillies, stonecrop sedum.

It's still a work in progress (after 10 yrs) but everytime we think we're through, one of us has a bright idea!!

I hope I'll learn a lot here.

#123804 October 20th, 2005 at 04:13 PM
Hi maygirl1949 wavey
Sorry I can't help you with your question about on how to divide banana tree bulbs. Maybe someone else will help.
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
[Linked Image]

#123805 October 20th, 2005 at 08:53 PM
M
OP Offline
M
thanks princessazlea. I was in England many years ago and fell in love with the gardens. I just could not understand how they were so beautiful considering the weather. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!!!! What do you like to grow?

#123806 October 21st, 2005 at 08:02 AM
wavey Hi Maygirl grinnnn I don't know anything about Banana trees either But I promise you someone here does I've been on short time ,and I've recieved so much help, I've almost completed a list and arrangment of two new flower beds the previous owners used only for white rock SHAME ON THEM. I've had help on shade bloomers, and what a list I have fortunatley living in the Dallas area enables me to get started now for the spring But some will have to wait untill spring,, needless to say some one WILL help you ! So many forums here I love it and the members are entirely friendly of course a few are rather onery but that makes it interestly FUN .. WELCOME MAYGIRL enjoy!

frown angell

#123807 October 21st, 2005 at 04:59 PM
Hi marygirl
My favourite is Azaleas. I have 6 in my garden. I just love the colours they catch my eye. (gorgeous) wavey

#123808 October 21st, 2005 at 08:24 PM
M
OP Offline
M
This is AMAZING!!!! You all have helped me so much these last few days and I'm just getting here!!! I got several tips on my trees and I'm redy to start. In a copule weeks, I should be digging up and preparing the corms for winter. THANKS AGAIN!!

#123809 October 21st, 2005 at 08:28 PM
M
OP Offline
M
princessazlea,

I love azaleas too. I have a porch that goes across the front of my house and on both sides of the walkway I have azaleas. Beautiful in spring!! Mine bloom late spring after all the others in the neighborhood are gone. I tried some of the hybrids like the "Encore" variety thats supposed to bloom of and on through fall but they are not very hardy.

Link Copied to Clipboard