This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12365 October 23rd, 2003 at 01:52 AM
Cris Offline OP
OP Offline
Back in May I received a bambo plant...well, it was 2 bamboo stalks in water and rocks. I have since replanted these shoots in potting soil. The stalks are still firm to the touch, but there is no new growth on them. They have been planted in soil for about 4 months now. Should I be seeing some new growth or is this a what you see is what you get situation.

#12366 October 23rd, 2003 at 01:19 PM
I left my bamboo plant in the rocks and water. It was kept in a darker place and didn't get any new growth. Once I moved, I put it my window sill which receives no direct sunlight. In two months this plant has really taken off. It has gotten 4 inches taller in that window.

#12367 October 25th, 2003 at 03:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of bright indirect light is certainly conducive to new growth. However, newly potted plants often put most of their energy into developing a root system that fills the pot before pushing out new foliage growth.

If you used a pot more than 4 inches in diameter, then it will take a very long time. Always use small pots to start cuttings and step them up only after the plant becomes severely rootbound.

Be patient.

#12368 October 26th, 2003 at 04:55 PM
T
T
I bought one in February for goofs and put it in a very small vase and used small pebbles to support it I keep one inch of water in it and add a drop of half strength 15-30-15 to it every few months Medium light levels and it's doing great.

I'm new to the board today so I look forward to being a help and getting help for you fine folks!

Tom

Link Copied to Clipboard