This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#123186 September 29th, 2005 at 06:54 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Has anyone sca Njoynit yet????

#123187 September 29th, 2005 at 07:02 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Weezie she hasn't read my PM don't know if she is ok or not a lot of east Texas still out of power. Most of Port Arthur and a lot of Beaumont still in the dark as is Lufkin where my step kids dad live.
Jimmy

#123188 September 30th, 2005 at 12:17 AM
Thinking of you Njoynit and praying you and your family are o.k.

#123189 September 30th, 2005 at 03:21 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
Yeah, I sent her an email and nothing
yet either...

I'm prayin' too!!! kissies kissies kissies angell

#123190 September 30th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prayers from MD for Njoynit....sure hope she's safe and sound. angell angell angell

#123191 September 30th, 2005 at 03:33 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Good news! [Linked Image]
I just got a long email from njoynit's mom!

She said njoynit was fine, "Hurricane Rita came through with wind over 100 mph. Their house is fine"....

A few excerpts from the email......

..."They had 6 trees uprooted. Her power went out about 1:30 a.m. on Saturday. A lot of electric poles have been shattered and wires are dangling. They have been told that in about three weeks they will be out to their remote area to see what needs to be done to get power once again. They live in a remote area about seven miles from Woodville, Texas. They live in an area where there are a lot of trees. Some of her neighbors evacuated and there is a problem with looters coming in at night."

..."She brought 73 plants inside before the Hurricane to safety."

..."She had filled 73 jugs with water. They have a propane bottle for their kitchen of the fifth wheel so she can cook what she has to there on their property. They have to boil water of course. She brought the dogs and the ducks in the house the night of the Hurricane."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She brought 73 plants, the dogs and the ducks inside!
njoynit ROCKS! thumbup

Cindy Faye

#123192 September 30th, 2005 at 03:36 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Weezie...
Check your GardenHelper email.

Cindy Loretta

#123193 September 30th, 2005 at 03:38 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
That's GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!
I knew about the ducks!
I thought that was cute,
could be messy, but cute..
I had wondered about them hopin' they didn't get blown away~~~

#123194 September 30th, 2005 at 03:53 AM
wow that's great news! I'm glad to hear that she and her family and pets and plants are safe and sound! that's awsome that they even bought the ducks in! do they happen to have aflack insurance by chance?? laugh laugh thumbup

#123195 September 30th, 2005 at 03:54 AM
oh I forgot...has anybody seen hisgal lately? I haven't seen her posting? have I missed something?

#123196 September 30th, 2005 at 04:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies thank you so much cindy louise!

missjamie, hisgal is fine, talked to her today. just a little tummy trouble.

#123197 September 30th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I just emailed Njoynit's mom....
Well, I feel a whole lot better..
Was really beginin' to wonder....

They sound pretty prepared...
and hopin' it won't be long till
they're back up and runnin'!!!!!!

#123198 September 30th, 2005 at 05:50 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
do they happen to have aflack insurance by chance??
laugh laugh laugh Good one, MissJamie! thumbup
You definitely get extra points for that one!

Cindy Sue

#123199 September 30th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
How about COMBINED LIFE?????
That stuff awesome...

#123200 September 30th, 2005 at 06:40 AM
I have been waiting to see that she was ok. Thank God they made it through safely. Thanks for the update Cindy.

#123201 September 30th, 2005 at 11:45 PM
S
S
Yes, real good news, so glad Njoynit and family are all ok. Still sending more prayers out there for the ones who aren't so lucky.

Julianna

#123202 October 4th, 2005 at 01:49 AM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I survived!!!!!

I'm on generator(at $15 a day which really sucks)they claim I'm looking at 6-8 weeks MINUMUM without power.I may STILL be without power come THANKSGIVEING.We lost 6 whole trees...parts of others we still have a cedar to cut thats leaning towards house.the branches on one side of it are blown up and broke& twisted.We are currently looking for a new 14 in chain for it(polar).had branches all over the yard.the tree that snapped by boat missed the boat,but leaft a scratch.the shed at that end end of yard shifted about 2 feet,but othrwie it stayed.the 5th wheel was fine and been cooking in it on prppane...least till the propane runs out cause ya ain't buying none in a 60 mile radiuos(((if JV hear of some in Lufkin...please hollar@ my mom and she'll call me.)))I know getting low...but am conserveing more now....i figured out I can run 2 pots of water in cofee maker for hot dishwater.Those food boxes with 3 meals I learned cvan set the cans in the sun for an hour and are hot to heat....TX-o-wave(LMAO)By day 4 I really wanted out of here bad.i was SICK of plugging-unplugging extension cords,but we now have the whole house hooked up to generator so life is almost normal....just no 220.
most my garden stuff got flattened,some leans.Brugs were fine...getting buds now(some of those blew off,but thats finethey are back laugh )Totally lost some zinnas(well see them next spring all over the yard sprouting I imagine)of my 73 plant evacs.....one potos ivy got snapped and is rooting as we speak& my yellow crown of throns has a new direction of growth....sideways& is blooming.
hubby dragged tree limbs fromm yard....and dragged up phone line.but we ran our tempoary line being SBC said Oct 11th.now they just need to run me another land line and bury it at their convience.we got i know 7 inches of rain.rain gage goes that far.Fire chief said we had some gusts of 145 MPH& it really looks it.it looked like the trees were dusting the skys.I'm gonna send weezie some video.the earlier shot ones don't show anything...but ya can hear the wind.all hell broke loose about 5 something...the wind was howling& the floor of the house was shakeing(its built on 4x4 post 4 feet in concrete...we will have bottom closed in by next hurricane season....and more extension cords)

#123203 October 4th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
Meg Offline
OH NJOYNIT!! I a sooooo glad to hear from you!! I'm glad ya'll made it thru ok, even tho you're in back up power. Hopefully, it won't take as long as they are saying. Keeping a thought for you.

Meg

#123204 October 4th, 2005 at 02:03 AM
Well I didn't send that....but it sure went.

Took FEMA 6 days to get a generator for our well.is one gas station in town open on generator(woodville no power either,but they are ENTERGY not SAM HOUSTON) they have a $40 limit on gas.Brookshires has a makeshift grocery set up in carts cash only in parking lot they will go in store for anything you need of they have it.Walmart is on generator....but when they re opened(5 days after storm) they had not recieved new shipments of anything& were selling meat that was browning& not discounted either! no bread/no propane/no batteries/no bleach.plenty of junk food.I did get the longest yard DVD to watch(awesome DVD!)went to next county after Liveingston got their dam emptied(it was gonna bust...did ya'll hear about that on news?) they have power and real meat! even lunch meat.MREs are nice,but some suck.

I probably won't log on again till end of week& only when hubbys gone.He'd have a fit and throw me& computer in pond if knew i was online....my excuse...hey guess call waiting don't work*rolling eyes looking innocent*

everyone NORTH of me go outside and blow cold front...its moveing too slow.its HOT without AC!!!!

#123205 October 4th, 2005 at 02:21 AM
njoynit, I am glad that you weathered the storm safely. Hope everything that was affected gets straightened out sooner for you.

When you said you put the MREs in the sun to heat, my first thought was "are they safe to eat?" I know you must be miserable in the heat. I grew up in Texas (in Kilgore) and I remember well how hot it got. I am praying that you get cooled off soon...

Dianna

#123206 October 4th, 2005 at 02:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
praying for you njoynit. let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

#123207 October 4th, 2005 at 04:32 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I was so glad to see this today!

Man, I hope they can get the electric on soon. That seems like an awful long time! frown

Can't wait to hear what it was like during all this with the added degree of difficulty having three unruly ducks in the house! grinnnn

Your mom said you have mail service now...so be on the lookout for a package from Kentucky.

Hey...BTW...I found out that my family is from Tyler, Texas!
I didn't know that...well, I knew it was somewhere in Texas, but turns out it's where you live!

Cindy

#123208 October 4th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
So glad to hear from you njoynit wavey
everybody has been worried about you.
Take carexx

#123209 October 5th, 2005 at 04:03 AM
Tyler Tx.When we 1st moved to TX we lived Whitehouse a lil town just south of Tyler,but all the stores were in Tyler(ANOTHER dam dry county.I really know how to pick um)
MREs got these heat packs that can be used as a heatpad for back afterwards for about 15 minutes.They got these boxed meals that have 3 meals in um& the canned food is what I "tex-o-wave"I currently have 4 cans of raviolli "tex-o-wave"ing as we type.I'm outta cat food right now.so my ducks had their duck feed with raisons today.They like raisons& I had to run galveston off the porch cause he was knocking on the door wondering where all the minnows were that he ate yesterday(outta that BD pond...the minnows survived the storm too)
I met the tree cutting crew today.boy are THEY suffering!they from MI,but they kewl.they shared a beer with me& I gave them all a coke.they say are 73 miles of power line to be re-run back here and that when they are finished the power may be on in about 30 days.they say I'm in the #3 spot thats declared a fedral diasaster area.thats out of 10 counties.
Its not so hot today.Its 91,but I leaned boards up over windows on sunny side house.We shut generator off for the 1st time last night,then liked to never got it started again.so we decided to not shut it off again.too painful pulling that darn cord(BIL borrowed it and burned a $378 starter up,were looking for a rebuilt one)

I'll watch for that package cindy.I know it gotta have something good!!!!
I fertilzed plants today.those blooms gonna be awesome on my burgs this next flush(I have a few of my pics of them saved as backgrounds/wallpaper...really awesome.everytone should do at LEAST one.they really make ya drool)

I logged on to pay bills.guess I got lost too.I miss you guys,but prefer real power from a meter.

#123210 October 5th, 2005 at 04:19 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
njoynit!
I miss you so bad! eek

(ANOTHER dam dry county.I really know how to pick um)
A woman after my own heart! laugh

the power may be on in about 30 days.
grinnnn

Hope you're back here full-time soon!

Miss you,
Cindy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard