This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122715 October 26th, 2005 at 09:17 PM
OP Offline
Well... I haven't been able to get here for a week, since my son uploaded a new web-browser on this computer after I strongly told him not to. Anyone have mozilla firefox? It messed up my entire computer to the point where I needed my husband to work on it, and that frustrates him to noooooo end, and I was only allowed to use his for AOL to check my e-mail - "don't be going into all those places that you pick up viruses and who knows what in, on MY computer!"

Did you miss me? Duh I sure missed it here! cool

Well... I'm off to play catch up - what's been going on? gab

#122716 October 26th, 2005 at 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes we missed you! welcome home kissies

#122717 October 26th, 2005 at 09:23 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
LYNNE! I missed you BAD! eek
I was beginning to think you and Dixie Angel had run off and done a Thelma and Louise or something! shk

"don't be going into all those places that you pick up viruses and who knows what
Did you tell him we are so clean here we even use rubber gloves? laugh

Cindy Eddie

#122718 October 26th, 2005 at 09:26 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Did you miss me? I sure missed it here!
Well YEAH lynne!!!!

Well... I'm off to play catch up - what's been going on?
shk Did you forget that is a scary question to be asking around here???????????

#122719 October 26th, 2005 at 09:30 PM
The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I use Mozilla Firefox. It is one of the BEST NEW Web Browsers available and is a product of Google. It is NOT some cheap, fly-by -night outfit. I was told to switch to Firefox by my phone company, which also is my DSL ISP. Once I got it set up and configured it has been 1000 times better than Internet Explorer. I have gotten much fewer popups, adwares and viruses with Firefox than I did with Internet Explorer.

#122720 October 26th, 2005 at 09:31 PM
OP Offline
Did you tell him we are so clean here we even use rubber gloves?
Why can't I ever think of these things?!?!?!? laugh
I must be missing that gene - being able to think fast like that -
so many opportunities missed lately... oh, well...

you and Dixie Angel had run off and done a Thelma and Louise or something!
Now THAT would really add some excitement to my life! Duh

#122721 October 26th, 2005 at 09:37 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
What's she been up to lately?
I don't know...haven't seen her here. Duh

What else is going on here?
Same as usual...fun stuff...you know, when those other members start trouble and I have to step in and calm them down...that sort of thing. laugh lala

Well...I noticed you got a new avatar! laugh

#122722 October 26th, 2005 at 09:40 PM
OP Offline
Thornius - I was quite happy just using Google, but somehow, the way he installed firefox, it sent everything through it and I was not able to get into many areas, including my favorite places, and my AOL connection got "broken" to use his terminology - everything went screwy! He left the next day to go home, and had to help me over the phone the following day for over an hour to re-install AOL because it got messed up so badly. I just do not like when he starts messing around on my stuff when I specifically asked him not to - he can do whatever he likes on his own computer at home, just leave mine alone! Know what I mean?!?

But, I'm so glad to be back - I see it's been VERRRRRRRY busy here!!! Lots of new members in just a week's time, and lots of good news too!

AND... Jillie is back!!! kissies thumbup

#122723 October 26th, 2005 at 09:45 PM
OP Offline
Same as usual...fun stuff...you know, when those other members start trouble and I have to step in and calm them down...that sort of thing.
Oh, EDDIE, EDDIE, EDDIE!!!
(remember Topo Gigio on the Ed Sullivan show?)
You just gotta buck up and take responsibility for your own actions -
or so I tell my kids day after day after day... laugh
So, who were you bailing out of trouble this time?!?!?

Well...I noticed you got a new avatar!
YUP - figured I'd play along with the game y'all are playing here -
but I do think we need some new ones, don't you agree?

#122724 October 26th, 2005 at 09:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome home Lynne!!! Of course we missed you! Glad that you are able to get back online now....sounds like a heck of a mess!

#122725 October 26th, 2005 at 09:48 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Lynne...my brother does the same thing.
He'll show up here and pull a little thing out of his pocket, stick it in my usb port and start loading stuff onto my computer 5 seconds after I tell him NOT to. mad It makes me so mad. Then he'll go home (doesn't live in the same town as me) and I have to try to delete all the crap he's put in my computer. Just because HE likes a certain web browser, or mp3 download program, etc. doesn't mean that I want it on my computer.

#122726 October 26th, 2005 at 09:52 PM
OP Offline
AMEN, SISTER!!!

#122727 October 27th, 2005 at 04:21 AM
W
W
I am with Thornius on the Mozilla Firefox. At least for me it is 10x better than Internet Explorer. Sorry to hear it messed up your computer. I would get very upset if someone tried to mess with my computer after I told them not to. I like things to stay the same if they are working. Very terrritorial when it comes to mine:) Similar to a momma grizzly, I guess. Just one of many faults in my charcter, oh well, in my world I am perfect:)

#122728 October 27th, 2005 at 06:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by WyoMom:
... oh well, in my world I am perfect:)
thumbup i like that!

#122729 October 27th, 2005 at 07:26 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
You know, I haven't been on much, well,
just read and go lately...it's Halloween and I'm still tryin' to decorate the porch and stuff..

But I just kept thinkin' I had missed you or something, not on long enough, or only read from
my email notifications...
Seemed a wee~bit too quiet from New York!!!!

Good to see you back..
*we're still waiting for Jillie to surface again*
~isnt' that awesome!!! Glad she's back too!!! kissies thumbup

Tryin' to play catch up here, is like shoveling
in a snow storm, you know that don't you Lynne??? wink laugh laugh

#122730 October 27th, 2005 at 07:40 AM
I downloaded FireFox, but don't use it, I still like IE better...I guess when you're used to one thing, it's hard to change. In the 6 or more years I've been on the computer, I never had a worm, virus, etc. I must be living right, or surfing right..lol I'm not saying I haven't had some problems, because I have, but able to get it fixed.

I'm the only one that uses my computer, so that's a big + there.

I think I would hide the mouse, or put a password on the computer. Hmmmmm, I wonder if there isn't something you can do, so no one can download anything on your computer. I'll have to check it out.

#122731 October 27th, 2005 at 07:41 AM
OP Offline
Tryin' to play catch up here, is like shoveling
in a snow storm, you know that don't you Lynne???
ACCCCKKKKK!!! You said the " S " word Weezie!!!

Not yet, not here, make it go away...!

But, you're right... I think I'm pretty well caught up and will just take it from here.

Hope you're not too cold up there?
We've been in the 30's here already - just barely made it to 42 today.

Anywho... post some pictures of your Halloween decorations? It's way too quiet in our neighborhood this year - seems like no one is going all out this time. I went to put up a candy corn garland that I made years ago from those little plastic candy corn baskets that they sell pretty cheap, but saw that my husband removed the nails this summer when he painted the door and frame - oh, well... maybe next year...

#122732 October 27th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
OP Offline
LF - my son is a computer geek!!!
He can get by any password I install, and anything else we might try to block him out - has been like that since he was young. He recently worked on Best Buy's Geek Squad, and learned even more tricks - there isn't any way I could lock him out of my computer...

#122733 October 27th, 2005 at 10:15 AM
Oh boy!! one of those teech laugh

The the next best thing would be then, the next time he comes over and plays on your computer, and before he leaves, stand in the doorway with a broom, and say..You don't get out of this house until you put my computer back the way it was, and look stern... mad laugh laugh

#122734 October 27th, 2005 at 03:42 PM
Originally posted by LF from MC:
Oh boy!! one of those teech laugh

The the next best thing would be then, the next time he comes over and plays on your computer, and before he leaves, stand in the doorway with a broom, and say..You don't get out of this house until you put my computer back the way it was, and look stern... mad laugh laugh
OR.................you could padlock the door to the computer room! :p

laugh laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard