This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#122466 September 9th, 2005 at 08:20 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Save your money and time sweetheart. I know you have more on your plate than anyone would care to have. I'm recycling all my used table let paper and it's suprising how much I accumulate lol.

#122467 September 9th, 2005 at 06:12 PM
Well, me? I'm just transplanting the weeds more than anything . . . they're the ones you can be sure will come up in spring, so you mights as well put them where you want 'em.

Most of my weeds, however, have become plants, so they are allowed to be given some attention.

A little of that plantain that makes the wee flower is ok around a spot in the bricks that has nothing - those hokey tall things that get as tall as myself . . . I don't know the name of them, they're green, white spots occur in the leaves but when you put a bunch together they look like there's something intelligent planted there.

My lobelias came in for their second bloom - I'm not bringing them into the house; they are bi-annual, so I read. I planted one that got really big under the tree on the south lot.

If they're going to die, they can do it in the ground - better than the compost heap.

I know I'm not going to have room for all this stuff inside the apartment or the any other part of the building.

Besides, the place where I put the lobelias had some wild ones that looked just like them growing there in spring, so they might have a chance.

#122468 September 9th, 2005 at 07:58 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
OP Offline
Official Blabber Mouth
T
It's some adventure isn't it? Planting and hoping. I don't have enough indoor space to save everything either. But I at least got some of the portulaca in and it seems to be doing well so far. I of course have herbs indoors. I think I'm just to lazy to go all the way to the garden when I want to use some lol.

I'm thinking about trying to save one each of the miniature snapdragons if I can catch them between the time the finish blooming and the winter takes them. It's probably not possible but what the hey. No reason not to try lol.

This morning I got out there and planted a couple of heads of lettuce. I also took an assorted mix of columbines and give them a sprinkle lol. Hopefully something will come up and give the one I have in that location some company. It's looking pretty sad against the snapdragons. Then I went over to the sunny side of the garden and put in some bells of ireland, some Alpine Sea Holly and some celosia. They are all suppose to be able to self seed so we'll give them a chance to do that and if that fails I have more to plant in the spring. It made for a very happy morning for the most part. The mechanic next door had to tell me that my garden was so sickly that there wasn't even anything worth stealing. But other than his idea of humor it was a good morning. Why do people have to be like that? Don't they think I can see that mine isn't as pretty as everyone elses?

#122469 September 11th, 2005 at 06:28 AM
TK tell that mechanic I said what is sick is stealing from someone else instead of putting forth the effort yourself. What a looser! Karma is gonna bite him in the tootie real good one day!

As for as for the yard work today. It was Saturday and well ya know I work the hubby on Saturday. I was lucky enough to get a hold of a rear line tiller for a steal at a yard sale this week. So we tilled up part of the back yard I want to seed. Where the pool was. Then we tilled up around the sidewalk in the front and planted the icicle pansies. We also mulched around them. We shoveled a whole truck load of mulch today. We put another layer of mulch in the front bed. It looks so nice now.

At walmart they had 36 assorted daffodils for $6.50. I planted them around the sidewalk so next spring we will have them there, and for the time being there are pansies.

I think I may go to wal mart and get some pansies for the window baskets. It will cost less then 20 dollars and will look so cute. I just cant help it they look so sad with no flowers in them.

I just remembered that I still have 20 more bulbs coming in the mail. I have no clue where I will put them. I had planned on putting them around the sidewalk. Uhuoo.

My compost bin is full. I took all the grass that we tilled up from the front area around the sidewalk and put it in there with the pile of leaves I raked last weekend. Layered grass and leaves wet it down and now will mix water and wait for dirt. My neighbor had a good laugh at me when I explained to him what I was doing, and said what a waist of time and effort. :rolleyes: I told him you do cars I do flowers. p And just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it is a waist of time.

Well I am wiped out gonna go read a little more of the post, and get some rest!

Keep up the hard work girls!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard