This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122364 April 3rd, 2005 at 03:26 AM
Fernie Offline OP
Snow Bunny
OP Offline
Snow Bunny
By the way, the northern area of Idaho where I am from grows lentils, wheat and trees as cash crops. The famous Idaho potatoes (russets) are grown in the south eastern quarter of the state. I never even saw a potato farm until I was in my late 20's even though I lived in Idaho my whole life. I live on a praire called the Palouse. The biggest town is called Moscow (pronounced Moss-ko) and is where the University of Idaho is located. I also live near where the Snake and Clearwater rivers meet at the lowest point in Idaho, a small city called Lewiston. It is also Idaho's only seaport (nope not on the ocean). I am almost exactly halfway between Moscow and Lewiston. I see rolling hills of wheat and garbanzo beans from my house windows. The dirt is black, crumbly and full of worms.

WE moved out into the country so we would have room for our horses but the house is authentic vicorian farmhouse and it is inspiring me. I didn't get a chance to work on the yard much last year as we moved in summer but boy am I excited to get started this year. This spring I am excited to discover a huge tulip garden and daffodills planted everywhere. I want to plant flowers with a vicorian feel but not be too formal. Sort of a cross between cottage and victorian. And I want to add a kitchen herb garden because I love to cook. I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's gardens and I am sure I will be most grateful for the help of all the experience here. While I am a hummingbird fan and watcher, I don't think I will get as ambitious as to put in a hummingbird house!

#122365 April 3rd, 2005 at 05:42 AM
G
G
Hi Fernie,

Welcome! That's some beautiful country up there. I have an ex-sister-in-law in Post Falls, a ways north from you. I went through Moscow a few time to visit her when I lived in Oregon. I always loved making that trip! smile

Gisela

Link Copied to Clipboard