This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122340 June 12th, 2005 at 07:16 AM
rjwesq Offline OP
OP Offline
Since I took up so much space in the Pest forum, I thought I should come introduce myself. My name is Rhonda and I live in Florida. I've always had what I would consider a black thumb. I've killed every plant I ever had, including peace lily, ficus trees, and cactus.

Until last year. My mom sent me a plant for my birthday, which had a peace lily, some ivy and some caladiums. The ivy promptly died, and the peace lily struggled along for a few months. But the caladium has grown amazingly. So I decided to try some more. A couple of types of jasmine, night blooming and not sure what the other is. Maybe I can post the photos and y'all can let me know. I also got a White Bird of Paradise tree. (never heard of it but that's what the tag said.) They've been growing good until the problem with the night blooming jasmine.

Hopefully my luck will keep improving! Nice to be here!

wavey

#122341 June 12th, 2005 at 01:45 PM
Hi rjwesq
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you. wavey

#122342 June 12th, 2005 at 01:59 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Yep I'm a black thumb too and you should see all the green in the apartment this year. Wow what a difference. I love it! I am sorely tempted by an arabian jasmine 'maid of orleans'. It costs 14.00!!!!! I've never paid that much for a plant because of my track record, but I'm tempted very very tempted. I will probably get up the gumption to try it at one point or another. The most I have paid for a plant so far is 8.99 and that was for a purple passion that is going great guns now. I'm using it for a topiary type display and I really like it. I do have to watch out that it doesn't bloom cause the flowers are really suppose to smell bad but, I can do that.

Anyway welcome!!!! I guess you know how I got my official title now don't you? lol

#122343 June 16th, 2005 at 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

Welcome to the forum!

We LOVE pictures around here so post away!

G-Mom grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard