This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122274 October 14th, 2005 at 06:22 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I got my Rita photos loaded& up on yahoo(click at very bottom)

#122275 October 14th, 2005 at 07:04 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I just looked at your Rita pics! grinnnn

Cindy

#122276 October 14th, 2005 at 12:49 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Njoynit thanks for posting those Rita pics. I agree with cindy you are very blessed not to receive any more damage then you did. and to think we didn't even get a breeze or one drop of rain. you and your husband sure have your work cutout for you for a while.
Jimmy

#122277 October 14th, 2005 at 05:00 PM
Meg Offline
Wow, you were lucky compared to Linda, eh? Hey, did your windshield get cracked? It seemed like there was a crack thru the pictures from your car.. or maybe that was just a reflection of some sort. I'm so glad that ya'll made out mostly ok.

#122278 October 15th, 2005 at 12:36 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
That was a crack in windsheild of truck.(I cruise around in a 1999 F150 king cab 3rd door& got a good radio/cd player too...and a tv that can hook my dual screened DVD player to& if had a bigger inverter....I could play my playstation..HEY. p

It takes 20 gallons to wash a load of clothes...another 20 to rinse....and another 20 to rinse again. and then your hands hurt like he!!Generator won't run washer on extension cord.thank God for direct wire up day 5.

Its 73 steps from front door to 5th wheel to the stove .And you ALWAYS forget cooking utinsels/potholders/flashlight& where did my beer go now?

There was another trailor up front...that had addition on that was maybe 20x20?a livingroom& their roof peeled up just like that...it looked like something exploded inside& blew upwards& they also had their dogs house flattened& their trampline was up partway in powerpole& bent(now took apart in pieces on ground)their ceiling all caved in also you can see the brighter light in windows when drive by.
and Jeans trailor it got flattened.I haven't went by for pics yet(112 yr old pine to crawl over..its twisted& snapped& timbered)but she showed me pics while in red cross line.The front porch blew up over the front door& then 4 trees made sure to take out the entire thing.she did try to go down hallway& part of roof fell on shoulder& went to ER but is ok but sore.she had to crawl through window.( we still have not heard from Donald from NO shes his aunt.we do know his house is marked as 0 found,they've talked to a neighbor of his that rode the storm out in slidel)

some items are not in store here.no grits..no bisquick.propanes in but its not $14.99 exchange no more.its $23 exchange!
my yard looks better than it did& glad the house was majorily damaged.I can see the roof is sagging some where the beam got shifted some.there is a crack over bed in bedroom& a piece of the ceiling texture has started to come off& is mold under 1 window in bedroom.I have utilized a pair of jumper cables.they are hooked to a tree pulling it out of my camilia tree...then decided to just anchor my bent ROS tree to it to hold it more upright& propped a stick of wood under it.HEY I re cycled clp

if you look in some of the whitetail ridge ones...you'll see differences.
it smells like fall& I can smell my hickory stuff burning .

""Good timber does not grow with ease,the stronger the wind,the stronger the trees""

#122279 October 15th, 2005 at 12:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow

#122280 October 15th, 2005 at 12:59 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Wow is right, Njoynit...
Holy cow, you were lucky!!!!

We ain't quiet figured the crack out yet.no was not there b4 storm,but was parked in open so trees would not hit.was notheing near truck to crack.
WIND???????????????
The force blowing on something so flat??????
Hmmmmmmmmm thumbup

#122281 October 15th, 2005 at 01:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, njoynit, i forgot. a green pine cone will crack a wind shield, just being dropped by a squirrel. i imagine that one flying would do the same thing, only not stick around for you to see the evidence! laugh laugh

#122282 October 15th, 2005 at 01:10 AM
Meg Offline
Yea, I was just thinking, any small hard debris could crack a window like that, with that that much force. A small rock coulda been tossed around by the forceful winds, and BLAM! There went your windshield.

#122283 October 15th, 2005 at 03:31 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
it was probably a salvia seed then....or worse a canna seed Duh I thought truck would be safest being BESIDE the garden bed.
Don't THINK a pinecone made it that far to truck.I can live with the crack.Every vehicle he's gotton me has had a crack somewhere's.I actually asked him WHY it wasn't cracked when he brought it home.Guess rita heard me laugh

WEEzie I e mailed the videos but load slow....BUT cindy directed me to GOOGLE and my videos are currently being "verified" I'll have a link for that soon.I thought you recieved them.... Duh cindy got hers gab google took 1 day to review....so maybe take them 1 day to verify.

hey....the video has sound too!

#122284 October 15th, 2005 at 03:50 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Nope, the last email from you is the couple
just before you were leaving...

When did you send them???

#122285 October 15th, 2005 at 09:31 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got the videos up.I'm fixing to try posting the links.****GOOGLE REALLY MAKES YA USE YOR BRAIN..I bet I burned calories***

Rita 8 am
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%228AM+shot%22+playable:true

Rita aftermath P2....shows front of porch..a glance at bed...I think i had stopped on that due to an an army of fireants I was standing in.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%228AM+shot%22+playable:true

This is aftermath 3rd shot....its in front of house,pond,some of the side yard.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22aftermath+of+rita%22+playable:true

Rita 7 am...I was peaking outside to see what the creaking sound was...someone tried to tell me....that I could be sucked off the porch.I DID wait till was a lil lite outside.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=%22Rita+7+am%22+playable:true

The others are not showing as playable& I don't know why....they approved them Duh I'll figure that latter.Hubbys in town buy building material& grocerys(I'm outta dew...drinking mango juice) I'll try working on the others...

#122286 October 15th, 2005 at 09:34 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I gotta sneak downstairs and watch 'em on the other computer. sca

They won't play on mine! eek

#122287 October 15th, 2005 at 09:52 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
VERY COOOOOOOOOOL!
Hey I can her your Suthern'drawllllllll!!! wink

Are the first one and the second one the same?
Or am I just imagining it????? Duh

That must have been scarey,
especially when night time comes in.. sca

#122288 October 15th, 2005 at 10:11 PM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
they were shots out the same window,but different times.Remeber I live in the BOONEYS!!!when its dark out here you really can not see ANY SH!T!!!!!!

I ain't figured why the others didn't do yet....I'll have to load the generator one...

#122289 October 16th, 2005 at 04:26 AM
Njoynit: I viewed your photos and videos, yes maam you are truely blessed, still alot of work to do but your hands are talented and blessed, Prayer works and God works in Mysterious ways and he had you and yours in his care So Glad your'e okay! Not been on this forum long but feel compassion for all that has seen and lived thru forces beyond our control .. Beautiful flowers enjoyed seeing them,,, angell

#122290 October 16th, 2005 at 09:43 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
She's got alot of neat flowers..
I love her bubble gum machine..
And the ducks, they are soooooooooooooo cute!!!
And she's got the datura's and hanging tomatoes..
Lot's of neat stuff!!

#122291 October 18th, 2005 at 02:11 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
Tomatos not Rita proof...but are a few sprouts...so may still have a shadow of fall maters..
bubblegum machine...it did have red pentas& white petunias& it really looked sad.Rita did what I would not,.she ripped it out.I did find the sad lookin penta& re planted it in the ground.it did have some green left& i'm actually rembering to water it now.

I just came back from town.I stopped at a church and helped unload 2 red cross trucks.great exercise.stopped at walmart for a few things& not got 3 of um cause they ain't learned the meaning of re stock.NO granny smith green apples& i'm sure that "D" one is fine,,,but I like granny smith.& would not WANT to buy any of their fish stock...half the tanks STILL got dead fish in um.the same ones I seen FRIDAY& 2 days no hamburger meat.Can ya tell my morning sucked??????I'm sure I'll feel much better if I dig out that new bed...as long as I don't break my shovel or pitch fork.

#122292 October 18th, 2005 at 02:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like a day... but at least it is good to know for the rest of us that the relief trucks are making it to you. we always wonder on this end.

Link Copied to Clipboard