This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#121121 September 20th, 2005 at 11:41 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Vanessa and family got to Lonoke ok trying to get settled. She was trying to clean the carpet said Peanut ran through bare footed and bottom of his feet were black do to the filth on the floor. Vanessa said she had not seen such a nasty house. Landlord had taken the stove and refrigerator out because they were so nasty. said sink was stopped up with old food that was growing stuff. Holes in wall and ceiling. In general house is terrible. But said she would take care of that and clean it up. They took air mattress to sleep on have nop water . Went down to the water co. had a note on the door closed due to illness so she figures they have one person there that handles things. They plan to leave Wednesday around 2:00 pm to head back. She plans to return next weekend with the van and move some stuff in. Will post more as she calls me.
Jimmy

#121122 September 20th, 2005 at 11:48 AM
Thanks for the update, JV, don't know how they can manage without water. Sounds like a 1 horse town kinda like here.

#121123 September 20th, 2005 at 11:54 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
It is in a way I just don't remember it being that small. she said she will try and get water turned on tomrrow. she sound worn out but said she was cleanign the carpet tonight. I told her she wont do peanut or her or anyone any good if she makes herslf sick by not resting and NOT EATING. She said she and Rufus both forgot to eat.I think she said Lonoke was around 5,000 but not sure she called around 10:00 I hadn't been in long at the time.
Jimmy

#121124 September 20th, 2005 at 12:03 PM
Oh you've been there? 5000 is fairly big - compared to here. I'm sure we're far less than 1,000 in the whole county, the town is definitely less than 500. I think the last census put it at around 275 or so.

Anyway, you're definitely right about them not helping peanut at all if she doesn't take care of herself. If you talk to her tomorrow tell her I said she better eat or else. Not sure what or else will be, but it'll be something! wink

Hope you're feeling better too JV. Take care of yourself too - or else! wink

#121125 September 20th, 2005 at 01:13 PM
hi jimmy! thanks for keeping us updated on her! I'm confused and a little behind. is she there to stay because they are trying to find treatment for peanut? are they coming back to their old house? I hope everything goes well!

#121126 September 20th, 2005 at 05:20 PM
Meg Offline
gosh, I hope they are able to get some rest while there.. sounds like horrible conditions. God Bless them for doing all this for peanut. Hopefully, this place ends up being more of a temporary shelter until something better comes along.

#121127 September 20th, 2005 at 06:30 PM
Vanessa has really had her share of troubles. I just pray that she stays strong. There is nothing like the power of a mother's love to get done that which needs doing...

Thank you for the update, Jimmy! Please continue to update when you have the chance...

Dianna

#121128 September 20th, 2005 at 06:39 PM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
missjamie they are trying to move there so they can get peanut help also Rufus has been refered to doctors in Little rock about 20 min. away. Mary I could be wrong about how big she said Lonoke is but it is not very big but thought it would be a lot bigger then 5000. I will post as I heart from her they hope to head home tomorrow.
Have a good day.
Jimmy

#121129 September 20th, 2005 at 06:46 PM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
I just googeled Lonoke Ar. has 12 cops and a volunteer fire dept could not find the population but has to be smaller then I remembered aslo Remington Arms has a big plant there. Just thought you all would like to know.
Jimmy

#121130 September 20th, 2005 at 07:19 PM
Poor sweet Vanessa - just what she doesn't need while trying to take care of Peanut and Rufus.
She's a very strong woman, and I just hope she does take care of herself, too, along the way.

Please, whoever does speak with her...
remind her to eat and take care of herself.
She really needs to keep up her physical strength in addition to her emotional strength.

Sending her hugs and peace... Lynne

#121131 September 20th, 2005 at 07:53 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa said she had not seen such a nasty house. Landlord had taken the stove and refrigerator out because they were so nasty. said sink was stopped up with old food that was growing stuff. Holes in wall and ceiling. In general house is terrible.
That's exactly what I was afraid of..... :rolleyes:
I had a feeling it was a lot worse than she expected.

I wish we could be there to help her..... ters

Cindy

#121132 September 20th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies thanks jimmy for the update. praying for her and her family (as well as the rest of you on here)

#121133 September 21st, 2005 at 08:23 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Just spoke with Vanessa said they got the water on around 2:00 this afternoon can't get gas on until friday. But they are heating water in the Microwave for dish's and baby bathes. She and Rufus are taking cold baths I know that's fun. I ask her if he had gotten any rest she said she refused to answer on grounds she will get in trouble so we all know she didn't get much. she did say she layed down around 4:00 a.m. for a little while but had to be up and down town by 11:00. She said they have been going steady trying to get the house liveable. Coming home tomorrow leaving around 2:oo p.m. ask I tell everyone hello and send her love. I ask her what she had eaten she said a taco from taco bell some meal huh.
Jimmy

#121134 September 21st, 2005 at 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, give her more love from us, and tell her she has to keep her strength up too...

#121135 September 22nd, 2005 at 08:00 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Vanessa just E-Mailed laugh me as I am sure she did others of you. She is home tired and disgusted but they made it home safely now we can all take a deep breathe and GANG UP ON HER yeah

#121136 September 23rd, 2005 at 06:21 AM
Just saw this thread. Thanks for all of the updates Jimmy!

#121137 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:16 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I apologize for it taking so LONG for me to get back here..I have been so swamped, so tired and have so much to take care of...being overwhelmed is my favorite pass time anymore it seems!
We have made it home...had a few "lovely" pics of home sweet home...didn't get to take many becuase my camera went on the blink...can't hardley blame it after taking the pics it took...the place was some kind of nasty! I am trying once again to not be discouraged...I know the house can be cleaned...kinda...I just NEED to be there and getting back & forth has been the dicouraging part...Rita is NOT helping me at ALL!!!
Will share more details as I get some time and much needed energy..anybody out the have some they can spare????? I have missed being here and thank you all for your thoughts & prayers...thank you for the encouraging phone calls and check ups. You all will never know how much it means to me to know I have a bunch of caring, loving friends! Okay...I'm getting sappy...better go for now! Sending you ALL a big ol' hug!

#121138 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:27 AM
JV Offline OP
Critter Keeper
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
Thanks for letting us know your still kicking take care during this storm will talk to you over coffee tomorrow.
Jimmy

#121139 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:42 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa...so glad to hear from you.

I'll PM you my new phone number...I got it changed day before yesterday.

Cindy Faye

#121140 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:45 AM
Meg Offline
{{Vanessa}}

a side note.. I think I've missed too much here.. JV is a squirrel eater, and apparently, Cindy Janet has eaten Lola? Duh perpl

#121141 September 23rd, 2005 at 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so glad you popped in,Vanessa...been thinking of you ALOT kissies

Wish I could grab my bucket and come over to help.

While you're busy taking care of everything else,don't forget to take care of yourself! You MUST eat to have energy grinnnn

#121142 September 23rd, 2005 at 09:53 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
EAT... shk ...UHmmmmmmmm...k...be back in a minute!!!

I'll PM you my new phone number...
Umm...Cindy Mayflower...are you going to do that BEFORE Christmas maybe???????? laugh

#121143 September 23rd, 2005 at 10:15 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Well...I've been locked in my room for 12 hours... :rolleyes:

Don't tell anyone I was here. frown

#121144 September 23rd, 2005 at 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vanessa, still praying for you and your family....Hang in there--wish I could be there to help you out. And thanks Jimmy for the updates.

#121145 September 24th, 2005 at 03:02 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Well, I just got some good news and some bad news from Darin...

The good news....They turned on the gas today...now we have most of the utilities on...

The bad news.....NOTHING WORKS!!!! The stove I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning...nope wouldn't come on...the pilot they tried to light for the heating unit...nope..wouldn't come on! GEEZ...how HARD does this have to be?????
I think maybe the stove pilots may just be clogged with more of what ever that was that was mixed with an inch of grease that took me so long to clean off...

Triss is actually further along in her packing than I am!!!! I am moving REALLY slow.

I do have a little more yard there than I expected....but it is mostly shaded area. Here, most of my gardens are full sun..so I will have to regroup and see what I can come up with. I will HAVE to do some yard sprucing up just to be able to stand it. I love a good challenge...but this is ridiculous!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard