This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12042 August 11th, 2003 at 06:32 PM
T
Tess Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have 6 Chrysanthmum's with tons of buds but no blooms. Is there any thing I can fertilize with to force them to bloom? They are in full sun with well drained soil located in different places in my yard.Does anybody have any suggestions?
Tess

#12043 August 12th, 2003 at 04:20 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Tess,
Welcome to the Garden Helpers Forum.
We have a great bunch of gardeners here.
Very informative and great to chat with
when you feel like a good laugh.
Hope you'll stick around and join the group!
First off, I'm no expert when it comes to chrysanthmum's. And I'm sure someone will come by and give you some more info on them but, When do those types of flowers normally bloom? I thought they normally did that around fall time, Halloween and apple season?
So, maybe if you've got the buds on them with is good, that the plant or timing just isn't the time yet for them. Could that be it? I know a neighbor here has them and when it's time for the kids to go back to school (I walk my kid to school) we walk past his flowers and they are in bud and usually by the time we see those flowers it's usually got snow on them too!! I look forward to seeing them with antisapation and then we get the early snow, but thought after Sept and around Oct. ???
Some body jump in here......... Maybe there is other types, not sure??
Any ways, hope this info helps..
Happy Gardening!!!
Weezie smile

#12044 August 12th, 2003 at 01:59 PM
mums bloom in fall not sure if is genitic or bred but usually in july ya snip heads off and will make a bushier plant and won't be so floppy and a chance to expand your plants as long as not a copyright about propagation on them.
I learned this year that if you plant them in shade will bloom in summer.I had blooms on my helen in may so waiting for fall to arrive to see if will bloom again in same spot.my orange did also.so was kinda neat even though keept watering and saying"it ain't fall what ya doin?"
you can sow the seeds and will bloom the following year

Link Copied to Clipboard