Yesterday I went to a small Christian school that is near my house for an interview for a secretarial position. The Asst. Director of the school was giving me a tour of the building before the interview started and told me that they had hired someone to fill the position earlier that morning. Apparently something had happend over the weekend and they had to hire someone who was already interviewed last week. I was a little bummed out about that, but decided to go through the interview in case it didn't work out with the girl that they hired. They interviewed me for the secretary position, a teacher's assistant position, and a teaching position (I didn't know about the teaching position interview part). When I was leaving, they said that I would probably hear from them in a day or two. I left feeling somewhat bummed out and not too thrilled about what had happend.

And then...

2 hours later I get a phone call. It was the director of the school. She was calling to offer me a position in the pre-toddler room (the 1 year olds). I got a pen and wrote down the details. She said "7:30- 12:30 plus planning, $8/hr, Monday thru Friday" I said "ok, ok, uh-huh" "You have to have your previous employer write us a letter confirming that you've worked at least 2500 hours with children at the camp that you worked at (not a problem, I have like 3600 hours in)" I say "ok, no problem. And I'd be assisting a teacher in that room then" She says "Well......actually......we'd consider YOU to be the teacher in that room" "Ohhh....ok" I said. laugh laugh laugh

So, I will be a teacher for 1 year olds in a couple of weeks. I'm sooooooooooo excited!! I'm going to be asking all sorts of questions about ideas that I have....like, I want to get fishies and a hamster for the room. Should I get just basic gold fish...or something really fun like some tropical fish!?!??? laugh