This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120261 October 16th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Wouldn't you know it...I FINALLY get my DSL equipment...get it hooked up and running and it is 12:13am..and everyone is SNOOZING....

WE ARE IN!!!! Well...kind of in! In enough to stay here but still have a ton of stuff at the "other" house that will just have to wait till painting & cleaning is finished and we can get a truck. Hubby did make a trip back last week to get the washer & dryer after our trip to the laundry last week~end... thumbup
Haven't EVEN checked my e-mails yet...this was the FIRST stop!!! No way I can catch up after being off...let see, how many months????
I just REALLY want to thank you ALL for all the thoughts, prayers,well wishes and MAIL!!! Wouldn't you know it...the very first mail to arrive at the new address...FROM CINDY JOE FAYE MARY LU!!! Printed forum pages...we sat in the floor (literally)and cracked up!!! Don't think I could have made it without my forum fix!!! SEE BILL...WE ARE ADDICTS!!! laugh laugh laugh
I just really feel blessed to have you all keeping up with us...Thanks Jimmy,Cindy, & Tricia for keeping everyone updated. Am suppose to finally get to talk to Triss this week~end.

We are LOVIN it here! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! One of the MOST friendly towns we have ever been in. We have been having a BLAST!!! Peanut has 4 days under his belt at school...the first were pretty rough but he got off the bus LAUGHING instead of crying Friday WOO HOO!!!! Now we get to start all over Monday! It is such a JOY to have Darin & Lisa & kids this close! I ran by Darin's office 4 times Thursday...he was cracking up! We still have a LONG way to go on the "cleaning" project here...but are making some headway...I will have pics soon. AND...get this...I have been EATINGlike a little porker!!! I mean..constantly!!! I bet I have gained 20lbs!!!
Okay...gotta go figure out if my e-amil address is going to change and get a nap in sometime tonight....I"M HOME....REALLY !!!! laugh laugh laugh

#120262 October 16th, 2005 at 01:09 PM
I am soooo glad you are happy. Everything was sounding so dismal for you,yet you perservered.You are really quite a role model for everyone here. I really do not "talk" so much here but I read alot of what is going on and I think that what you have done for your "peanut" is to be commended. To Uproot your family, friends and GARDEN, to get the best possible care for this little man is absolutley outstanding in my eyes. I salute you.. muggs muggs clp

#120263 October 16th, 2005 at 10:17 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I couldn't have said it better, Sybil!
...so, I'm not even gonna try.
That about says it all!

Vanessa, I am so happy to see you back!
I missed you so bad! thumbup

[Linked Image]

#120264 October 16th, 2005 at 10:57 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I second everything Sybil said,
except the
I really do not "talk" so much here
shocked kissies thumbup grinnnn
And very good to hear all is going well!!! angell

That's good news about Peanut too!!
Really good news!!!!

#120265 October 17th, 2005 at 12:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
<strong> I couldn't have said it better, Sybil!
...so, I'm not even gonna try.

VANESSA IS HOME! ! !
Time for the dancing banana! kissies welcome home.

#120266 October 17th, 2005 at 01:14 AM
[Linked Image]
Hi Vanessa,
So glad you made it - even in the middle of the night- early morning! So good to have you here again... and so glad it is coming together for you all.... especially Peanut- getting him in the special school is such a blessing for all of you.... even with the hard work you have to do to make the place livable.... wish I could get there to help you finish up...
Still praying and sending good thoughts to you from Colorado.....
Nana

#120267 October 17th, 2005 at 02:54 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
wavey Hey Vanessa I aleady told you almost everything this morning but sure glad your back. After we hung up I realized I had locked myself out. I call my son no one home but his wife she brings all the keys she can find nothing worked. Called Jolene she was having breakfast with my ex-dil (breakfast at 10:00 am ) frown
Any way a friend came over he held the ladder while I put a table on top(not really) climbed into the Iguana's room they met me and looked like what are you doing laugh swishing their tails 90 to nothing. Makes me wonder what they would do to a real buger run or flip tails on him. laugh Glad you weren't here with a kodak would have been a kodak moment for sure. laugh laugh laugh
Jimmy the shocked
ps
I made another key and hid it so this wont happen some more.

#120268 October 17th, 2005 at 07:23 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Jimmy...you crack me up!!! Glad you made it in!

I met our first neighbor today...actually the first person that we have met in town. I was out frantically trying to get the lambs ear that hubby brought back with him in the ground...he was sawing on something and Peanut was running around the yard. She walked across the street with her little grand daughter to see if Peanut could come over and swing. Come to find out, she is one on the special ed teachers at the elementary school (YAHOOIEEE!!) We visited about the school where Peanut is going and she had nothing but wonderful praises about it...most of the kids she gets in her class all come from the Exceptional School. She was so glad to see someone cleaning the place up...and she knew from the previous tenents (all of them) that our work was cut out for us. She invited us to her church, and told us about the other churches in the area...she also told us areas to look for housing and who to talk to...VERY pleasant lady! It is almost like a little fairy tale town! I know we will find the "not so good" parts out as we go...but for now...it is a fairy tale and we love it!
Didn't get the washer hooked up...still working on it...everything is a BIG task...but got to get the boy ready for bed so we can have a good day at school tomorrow....I am so TICKLED to be back on line!!!!!

#120269 October 17th, 2005 at 07:36 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Vanessa...I am so tickled that you are back!
It is almost like a little fairy tale town!
I am so happy for you!

Jimmy...I found that hidden key and moved it to a secret location!
laugh lala

Cindy

#120270 October 17th, 2005 at 10:07 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Jimmy...I found that hidden key and moved it to a secret location!
That will teach him!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Cindy Lu Darlene...I cannot TELL you how good it is to be back on! thumbup AND...we got a great deal on our DSL and it is tons faster than what we had....remember how it felt when the forum changed servers???? It's that feeling all over again!(not quite as exciting though!)

#120271 October 17th, 2005 at 10:14 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
High speed internet will spoil you!

You can NEVER go back! laugh

#120272 October 17th, 2005 at 10:19 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Cindy lou darlene jobob janet I would not put it past you thought I felt eyes watching me while I hid the key laugh laugh /
Just came across a lady with a Quaker Parrot free to a childless,catless home. She call's him Willie now if he sings I will make a fortune selling him in bars around the country laugh
On the Road again
Jimmy

#120273 October 17th, 2005 at 10:20 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Jimmy...Are you gonna take it?
The first parrot that every laughed at me was a Quaker!

laugh

#120274 October 17th, 2005 at 10:25 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
The first parrot that every laughed at me was a Quaker!
And needless to say, it wasn't the last one! laugh

#120275 October 17th, 2005 at 10:52 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
laugh laugh laugh

#120276 October 17th, 2005 at 10:54 AM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
I may if he isn't too bad all I need is an attack
Quaker. laugh Not quit lving up to the quaker name huh. If she will let me I think so. I told her about what I have so she knows and don;t think I am lieing to her if she came over. Waiting for her E-Mail. Do they talk much?
Jimmy

#120277 October 17th, 2005 at 07:36 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
Good morning . Cindy the lady with the quaker E-Mailed me asking if I smike I don't. She said I live close to her about a mile away asking how to get to my house with the bird. so May be Treva is going to let me have him. He is plucking at himself son't like that but said her grandkids torment him/her she doesn't know the age or gender.
Jimmy working my way up to a Congo African Grey laugh

#120278 October 17th, 2005 at 08:18 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Jimmy...they talk.
The only one I've ever met personnally said "Come here!" to me...then it said "Gimme a kiss" when I got to it's cage. I put my finger up to the cage and it bit me! Then it laughed so hard...and all the other parrots (about 20 of them) in the room started laughing. I swear, I was about to get down and roll in the floor. laugh [Linked Image] When all the parrots would finally stop laughing, one of them would start laughing again, and then they'd ALL start again. laugh

That's sad that her grandkids torment it to the point of feather-picking. Really sad. ters African Greys are the absolute worst for feather-picking...thank God Lola has never done that.

working my way up to a Congo African Grey
Careful what you wish for! laugh
They are the Royalty of the parrots...and demand to be treated as such!

Cindy (Slave of Congo African Grey)

Link Copied to Clipboard