This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119807 November 19th, 2005 at 05:23 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
What colors do you use to decorate your home and why?

Is you color theme carried through the whole house, or room by room?

#119808 November 19th, 2005 at 05:45 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Fall colors here! Always...all through the house pretty much...and certainly all year round. I love LEAVES and the beautiful colors of fall are just warm and inviting to me...the kitchen is a warm red and everything else has the Autumn golds & reds & burnt orange.
Well...except P~Nutty's room...bright green, blue & yellow...construction vehicle theme. totally little boyish...

#119809 November 19th, 2005 at 06:27 AM
I've got a cobalt blue and white kitchen. The walls are painted vanilla wafer. The kitchen on Happy Days was blue and white and I always like it. (Bet Cindy Lou was in love with Fonzie when the rest of us loved Richie). Most of the rest of the house is painted Covered Wagon. It's kind of tan only darker, except for Darbi's room, which is pink.

#119810 November 19th, 2005 at 09:34 AM
Our entrance room and dining area walls are painted about the color of the posts in this thread....the darker of the two tanish colors. The living room which is attached and open to it is painted in a wine/burgandy color. Ceilings are white. I love to hang prints on the wall...or sorts of them. I have one square one next to the front door that is divided into 9 smaller squares with the "Love is patience" verse in it. In the living room I have a print of a purse that says "opera"....just because I liked it and it was on sale and another print that is a tulip. One the other wall, there are two "chop plates" that are Stengl glass. We own a complete set, but those are the only pieces that I have on display. I love old glass and teacups...our bathroom is teacups and teapots everywhere. I also have carnival glass displayed in various places in the house.

#119811 November 19th, 2005 at 09:38 AM
AV Queen
OP Offline
AV Queen
Teacups and pot in the bathroom. That's awesome! I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that before...what made you do it? Duh

#119812 November 19th, 2005 at 09:59 AM
it was the only place in the house that i had room for them! laugh There is a thread bouncing around in the archives probably with pictures...i'll look.

#119813 November 19th, 2005 at 10:11 AM
couldn't find the thread, but here are some pictures...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#119814 November 19th, 2005 at 10:37 AM
I remember when you guys were doing your bathroom. Guess it's worked out like that.

#119815 November 19th, 2005 at 12:59 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Does messy count as a "Home Decor"???? wink laugh

#119816 November 19th, 2005 at 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just about all the rooms in the house are painted Saratoga Sand...I like it because it's bright but not as blinding as pure white....

Most of my colors have something to do with green....My living room colors are hunter green and burgundy, couch and loveseat are green, curtains are burgundy--with accents of the colors around the room. Kitchen is green and yellow. Bedroom is sage green....my hubby finally told me he's sick of green..... laugh

Oh and my bathroom is burgundy.....that quickly became my new favorite color!!! thumbup

#119817 November 19th, 2005 at 05:17 PM
My living room colors are hunter green and burgundy, couch and loveseat are green, curtains are burgundy--with accents of the colors around the room.
Yes, mine too.

Bedroom is sage green
Yes, mine too. Lots of different greens, It's kind of garden themed.

Jenn, the teacup bathroom is beautiful! thumbup

#119818 November 19th, 2005 at 11:09 PM
Mel,
My colors are the same- have a green loveseat and chair in my family room- also have touches of blue - here and there- same in living room but more blues in there-- cause kept my couch from Az and it has blue in it...LOL! Been this way since we moved here-- but like it so don't see us changing anything for a while- hubby won't paint the walls anything but white- or cream- my downstairs bath I did get him to paint a watery blue and have a fish theme in there-- kids love it- it's also a laundry room so gets lots of use... have butterflies in many forms here and there too- and shelves of dolls in family room- will take pics one of these days.... LOL!
Nana

#119819 November 22nd, 2005 at 12:01 AM
Let me see- my porch is purple with a red door. My livingroom is half blue and the top is green-both colors are glazed with a pearl transulent color. My kitchen is white with a tocan gold sponged over it. I painted my counter and refergator a granite style dark geen. My hallways are green. One bathroom is the same green from the livingroom on the bottom with lavender on top and a white strip dividing them with a red stripe on top of that. My hallway is the same green as the living room to. The computer room is orange with a brown glaze over that. My bedroom is the blue from the livingroom with a green glaze over that. Very zen like. Upstairs I painted a forest in the hallway and the girls print saysings on the trunks. One bedroom is apple green. My only daughter who lives at home now- well her room is painted a dark blue and she writes on the walls her favorite sayings with her wiccan posters and lots of dragons. She loves dragons and has an orange bookcase. We have prisims on everywindow and plants everywhere. Hardwood floors. I also painted our mail box purple and glued little one inch square mirros over it. I also glued those mirros on the porch rails so the home sparkles in the sun. We also hang lots of windchimes-preety things and ribbons from the trees. I smile everytime I see our home.

#119820 November 22nd, 2005 at 10:33 AM
Wow moondance, I would love to see your house and some of those rooms. Sounds fabulous.

We are pretty dull here. White walls and no real decor. Bunnies all over the place and cats as well. The bunnies are my collection and the cats were my Grandmothers. Tons of books!

#119821 November 22nd, 2005 at 11:08 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My house looked like this before I packed everything up...
This is Lola's living room...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Purple roses on the wallpaper, and purple curtains.
And, my flowers drying everywhere. grinnnn

[Linked Image]

It's pretty much empty now except for her TV and cage... :rolleyes:
...nothing on the walls at all now.

#119822 November 22nd, 2005 at 02:01 PM
Does messy count as a "Home Decor"????
If it doesn't I have no decor at all, dust bunnies but no decor. shocked laugh

When we first moved here the real estate agent HATED the wall paper and kept asking questions like "what would you call this pattern?" I'd say what I thought it was and he would say "No - it's history!" Then he announced that the owners would have to take 10k off the price of the house for the horrible wall paper. Well, it's been 12 years and it's the same wallpaper because I really like it. That, and it goes well with the dust bunnies. :rolleyes:

#119823 November 22nd, 2005 at 08:37 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Yeah, I have my s~i~l's wallpaper in the bath,
but luckily, she doesn't have too bad of
taste and it was a color I could live with..

But we slap'n'plastered all the other rooms,
like living, dining and kitchen, and put up
paneling in the bedroom..

but I just don't have time for decor...
And too small of a house (living area for a decor)

But I do have alot of frogs..

*I have to say, before kids, I had dark chocolate brown, green *for my frogs* and a Chinese motif alot of stuff.. but that went the way of the wind
when the oldest was born..

Link Copied to Clipboard