This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119356 March 28th, 2005 at 03:43 PM
OP Offline
I promised to post pics when I could figure it out, so here goes. Hopefully, this first pic will show what one of my guest rooms looks like now. I call it BoNaDi's gift shop. They are Bonnie, Nancy, and Dianna's creations.

[Linked Image]

This is what the boot centerpieces look like:

[Linked Image]

The bride's, matron of honor's, and throw-away bouquets:

[Linked Image]

#119357 March 28th, 2005 at 03:57 PM
OP Offline
Splitting the post up....

Cowboy hats with veils centerpieces:

[Linked Image]

Favor baskets with 1) scrolls announcing our wedding, 2) bubbles, 3) silver bells in a heart-shaped basket, and 4) rice bags:

[Linked Image]

And the rice "roses" centerpiece:

[Linked Image]

Hope these show up. I have never tried using this program before.

Anyway, we ladies worked from 10:30 Thursday morning til 2:30 Friday morning, went to bed and started again at 11:00 Friday morning until 6:00 Friday evening, then back at it again at 9:00 Saturday morning until 4:00 Friday afternoon. We were whooped but felt like we got a lot accomplished.

Dianna

#119358 March 28th, 2005 at 04:11 PM
OP Offline
"If at first you don't succeed...", and I tried, tried again and it still didn't work! Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Dianna

#119359 March 28th, 2005 at 04:23 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Dianna, you had double http://s in your photo's URLs.

#119360 March 28th, 2005 at 04:29 PM
OP Offline
Thank you, Bill! I never even noticed that. shocked Thanks for straightening out my pictures, too!

Dianna

#119361 March 28th, 2005 at 04:32 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The rose basket looks goregeous!!!

I think so many of your ideas are so cute....

Did you get a sign in book???
I made mine too, and then I used one of those
big plumey feather pens to sign in with...
with a few tiny satin rose's glued to it...

Did you do a wishing well for you cards???
I found a wooden one at a local garden center...
stuck some flowers in it and along the side, and some butterflies and lady bugs and frogs for good luck! But it's reuseable in the garden too,
and has special memories for me as I walk past it.

Did you do a bird seed basket????

Weezie

#119362 March 28th, 2005 at 04:46 PM
OP Offline
Yes, Weezie. We have a guest book with hearts, rope, and hats on it. Our pen has miniature hats (white for bride, and black for groom) attached to the bottom of it. Our cake serving set, champagne flutes, also, have the miniature hats attached. We are planning on making the boutinneres (sp) and corsages with some more hats that I have ordered.

As for the card holder, my aunt bought a bird cage looking thing with flowers and vines decorating it. We will probably be gluing a couple of hats to it, too! laugh

These centerpieces are really lovely. I think I might have downsized them a little bit too much for anyone to get the full effect. Just wanted to save some bandwidth so they would load faster, though.

The rice roses are made with silk scraps and fastened by floral tape to a green wire with stems and filled with some fancy wedding rice. They turned out really nice.

I am getting more excited every day about the upcoming nuptials. The gazebo is being built this week and then we will have another decorating party here at the house. wink

Dianna

#119363 March 28th, 2005 at 05:33 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Fantastic Dianna,

Your doing great. I love the boots.

#119364 March 28th, 2005 at 05:36 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I think I might have downsized them a little bit too much for anyone to get the full effect
They are a tiny bit too tiny!!!
But still got what you were doing...

Very nice....

Got some saddles to take your pictures on???

Or, I have an idea for one of the wedding pictures, do you remember the picture of the mom and pop out in front of their barn, one's got a pitch fork and the other's got a shovel I think..
You guys should do that too!!!

Weezie

#119365 March 28th, 2005 at 06:39 PM
OP Offline
That's a great idea, Weezie. We have a shovel and a pitchfork in the outside shed. He bought me the shovel for Valentine's Day last year! laugh It's what I wanted, at least. Had to have something to turn my new compost pile with! wink

TKH, the boot "shells" are made of a foamy cardboard paper and then covered with all sorts of ribbons and "gewgaws". We cut baskets to make the "hats" and inverted them to fill them with flowers after they were covered with silk and tulle.

Dianna

#119366 March 29th, 2005 at 01:34 PM
WOW! wavey

#119367 March 29th, 2005 at 01:44 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's a great idea, Weezie. We have a shovel and a pitchfork in the outside shed. He bought me the shovel for Valentine's Day last year! It's what I wanted, at least. Had to have something to turn my new compost pile with!
That's what I thought too!
*( I got a double~wheeled wheelborrow for a "Fathers' Day" present one year... laugh laugh laugh )

Is the wedding outside at all???
Inside??

Weezie

#119368 March 29th, 2005 at 01:56 PM
OP Offline
We are having the wedding in the gazebo that we are having built this week. grinnnn It will be 12' x 12'.

The reception will be outside, too. My aunt is kj'ing the reception on our deck (12'x 56'). This will mix our love of karaoke, gardening, and the outdoors together! wink

Dianna

#119369 March 29th, 2005 at 02:04 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Gettin' bails of hay??
*thought you said something like
that, but I can't remember???*

Will it go into the night time hours???

Weezie

#119370 March 29th, 2005 at 02:12 PM
Hi Dianna ~ wavey

This is all wonderful, just wonderful! What clever ideas you've had, and all beautifully executed too!

You don't happen to have a pic of you in your gown, for a fitting maybe?

By the way, does HE know how lucky he is?

Merme

#119371 March 29th, 2005 at 02:14 PM
OP Offline
Definitely getting some hay bales, but will rent some chairs, also.

The whole shebang is scheduled for 1:00 - 5:00 pm on Saturday afternoon. His family is coming from Tennessee and my children are coming from NC. We will have a houseful after the wedding, so we are planning on spending the night in a local motel. We will honeymoon later during the summer.

We want to spend time with the family since we get so little time with them regularly. cool I haven't seen my grandchildren (ages 2 and 5 months) since Christmas.

Sue Z, yes, I sing. I got into the business because of my love for singing. I am planning on singing "The Woman In Me" by Shania Twain and dedicating it to my new husband.

Merme, I don't know how lucky he is, but I know how lucky I am! wink I don't have any pics of me in my wedding outfit yet. I tried it on. It fit. That was my only fitting!
laugh

Dianna

#119372 March 31st, 2005 at 11:40 AM
Boot centerpieces?--- ADORABLE!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard