This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11923 January 7th, 2003 at 10:28 PM
A
alex Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My mums garden is (as ive been told by many people) a very healthy and beautiful one. Aparently not many people would be able to garden like she did.

Recently my mum passed on and one thing i know is that she loved was her garden very much and put a lot of work into it.

Id love to be able to continue to maintain it and keep it alive and living for many years.

Me and my dad (im 17) are going to do eveyrthing we can to keep it going, except there is one problem - neither of us really know that much. Thats why im here..

im asking if anyone could give me any advice at all to do with her garden. There is a mixture of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees (majority of which was only recently planted) and other plants. I'm wondering what ever general advice i could get?

Things about watering, planting, how to maintain it, keep the bugs & birds away, keeping the dirt healthy (mum turned the backyard from cley into [i was told] very rich, healthy and beautiful soil).. any information would be GREAT.. even a url with advice would be good..

thanks for your time..

#11924 January 8th, 2003 at 08:30 AM
Forum Hostess
Forum Hostess
Hi Alex....I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, but I am so pleased to hear that you want to keep her garden growing and healthy. It is a challenge that you will do well with. Your mom loved that garden and each time your out there, you will be reminded of that when you see how well the plants are doing.

You've come to a good place for help. There is a lot to learn (and we never stop learning). You need to first have a look through all the pages here on the site. There is a wealth of information on those pages, and you will learn plenty. Post specific questions as you come across them....and you will get answers that will help you. Read through some of the other posts too, you may find answers in some of those as well.

Oh, and Alex.....don't forget to water!

Good luck and take care
Barb barbsblooms@shaw.ca

Link Copied to Clipboard