This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11879 June 28th, 2003 at 11:44 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I'm having trouble growing lupins. I planted 7or8 of them in a area,along with some grasses.What is happening is the stocks are not strong and the bottom leaves are laying on the soil, the tops are growing and are curling up before the leaves get a chance to open up. . I did manage to get a few flowers..I did have them on a watering system.I think i could have been overwatering them. I hope that is it ?I would love to hear from anyone who has had this happen and how did you fix it .The slugs also love them. Thank you in advance Joanne

#11880 June 29th, 2003 at 04:54 AM
U
U
Hey, Joanne.
Sounds like too much waterm to me. Like you said. I'd let the soil dry out a bit. The ones I grew when I lived in Oregon thrived on neglect. I know the soil was dry more than I got a chance to water it.

Do you feed the plants any ferilizer?

About the slugs.
There is a bait called SluggO here in the states. Possibly it's available in Canada also. Not harmful to pets, kids, birds or the enviorment.
Works fast. Just dissolves the slugs and snails.

#11881 June 29th, 2003 at 08:43 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks UV428, Yes I have that Slug bait as well and it does work very good. I've been using Miracle Grow to Fertalize them. I see them growing wild all the time, that's what first clued me into the fact that I was possibly overwatering them. So I guess its off with my automatic sprinkler system.

Thanks again this was my first post on this forum... we spend an incredible amount of time on a watergardening forum. Everyone is so helpfull there as well.

Joanne

Link Copied to Clipboard