This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118595 October 5th, 2005 at 09:35 AM
B
OP Offline
B
But beetlejuce -- misspelled -- is a name that I closely associate with myself -- my personality -- such as it is.

I seldom cook. I do enjoy Indo/Pak food and go through phases of cooking it. Then, I get tired of it. I am not into crafts. I can't sew.

That's about it. Oh, yeah. I work.

I write and I have long been interested in philosophy -- mainly western nineteenth century philosophy -- for years. I enjoy politics as a spectator sport and I vote.

I grow plants indoors and I am hoping to have a sunroom or greenhouse or solarium or something within the next couple of years. I hope to keep it rather small. Actually, I would like to whack off the entire back of my house and turn it into a greenhouse but I reckon that might not be economically possible. Because I am looking toward the plan of an indoor plant place in the somewhat near future, I have not been purchasing many plants. I do not have hundreds of 'em. I have a southern window or two full of 'em and another window in the north.

I like succulents. I am especially fond of weird plants and I hope to have lots of weird ones when I have a plant room.

I have a large yard full of weeds. I have not been able to understand outdoor gardening though I want to grok it. My brother is pretty good at it and he is coming down this weekend to help me start two large gardens in the front yard. We planted a bank recently and I greatly enjoyed working outside. I hope to be able to learn to think of the entire outdoors as a planting pot; the earth as container.

My motive in learning to garden outdoors is to refrain from tedious mowing of weeds and crab grass.

Despite myself -- and God knows I have tried to curb it -- I have opinions. I am not opinionated. To me, "opinionated" connotes a pushy, bullying type of person. I am not pushy or bullying. I will bluntly tell you that I was kicked off another gardening forum. I was offensive. I did not call anyone any names nor was I rude. They had an off topic area and I discussed things like race and the Dali Lama and furniture.

Basically, I don't like furniture. Sorry if that offends anyone. I have all the respect in the world for people who do like furniture. I believe emphatically that people should have all the furniture in the world that they want. I just don't like it for myself.

Sorry for a long post. My intentions on this forum is to ask questions when I need to ask them -- about plants or gardening -- and offer help, if I can.

I do not intend to express opinions.

I go by Marsha or Faizi but I usually sign things "Faizi."

Faizi

#118596 October 5th, 2005 at 11:32 AM
Hi Fazi

I like Indo/Pak food too, I got hooked on it when I was pregnant. I used to not cook, but my husband got out of the Navy (we lived in Norfolk for awhile) and decided he wanted to be closer to his family here in Louisiana. I had no idea the closest fast food place is about 13 miles one way. So needless to say, I have been cooking now, I told him that is the real reason he decide to move here, lol.

Welcome to the group, you will find lots of information here.

Malinda

#118597 October 6th, 2005 at 02:59 AM
Hi Faizi wavey
Welcome to the forum
Nice to meet you
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard