This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118455 October 3rd, 2005 at 10:15 PM
OP Offline
We worked hard in the backyard yesterday and to my surprise I found these cute little flowers, quickly going to the computer I found out they were spider lillies. I dug carefully around one and found about 10 bulbs with little nubs on the top so I took them and replanted them in the front so that I can enjoy them, I hope I didnt do anything wrong -- I hope someone can let me know. I thought about it afterwards, its just that where they are located nobody can enjoy them. Someone please tell me these little babies will be ok.

Malinda

#118456 October 10th, 2005 at 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
malinda, your babies will be fine. i have white spider lilies, shared with me by another member, mom54. and i am going to go get some red ones from my daughter soon, she is nice enough to share with me!

#118457 October 10th, 2005 at 11:55 PM
I have the red ones too.they also come in pink(apretty coral like color)and yellow.I love it that the foliage is green all winter here.
they multiply thats why you seen the other bulbs clustered together.I've moved some while flowering and bloomed without a miss,but some I shipped to mom took 3 years.they are blooming for her this year,but I think she did get the foliage last year.shes TN a zone 6.sometimes I'll get blooms in the spring also,but not on all of them(maybe some of them babies huh)

I'm nosey......do your whites bloom the same time?my pinks are a few weeks later.I have those now in pot with my rose topiary.I only have 2 bulbs of those,they also call the pinks naked ladies.

#118458 October 11th, 2005 at 10:08 AM
OP Offline
I dont know about the white ones, someone told methey dont multiply as much as the red ones.

Malinda

Link Copied to Clipboard