This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118450 June 12th, 2005 at 12:05 AM
duckie Offline OP
OP Offline
wavey I'd like to share a story about one of my garden heros.He has inspired me to be more patient and kind.
For instance,every year I have thieves (the human kind)come into my vegetable garden and help themselves. mad mad mad nuff said.
My attitude this year is;I'm hanging a welcome sign.I'm gonna really try to think of it as offering a gift.
sorry,I'm rambling. shocked

http://www.gardeners.com/gardening/content.asp?copy_id=5653

#118451 June 12th, 2005 at 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's a great story duckie thanks for sharing kissies

#118452 June 12th, 2005 at 02:07 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Maurice Jones has combined his love of gardening with his passion for helping others,
Put those two things together and something good is bound to come from it!

Cindy

#118453 June 12th, 2005 at 09:33 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Funny but even the nasty neighbor has made it plan that the fruits, veggies and spices are for sharing. And no one has touched a thing that way. Now if it was just possible to stop the littering. I will definitely have way to many tomatoes if they survive their very late transplant so I'll make a sign too. I just want to see them before they are picked lol.

I have a lot of people stop me to ask about the garden when I walk down to the 7-ll. They wonder if this or that will really grow. This year I haven't had to many answers for them but maybe next year I will. And who knows maybe our 3 corners will start something lol. The lady one door down from the lady with the white peonies has a triple lot that is just dried grass imagine what could go there. But I get ahead of myself, I have a long way to go just to whip mine into shape.

#118454 June 12th, 2005 at 09:48 PM
JV Offline
Critter Keeper
Critter Keeper
My Grandddaddy never harvested everything from his fields. whether it was cotton, Apples,grapes,Wheat or sweet taters he always left the corners and outside rows. Said it was for those who had less then we did. After all he had 800 acres that would irragate from the pecos and a bunch of kids(22) and grandkids to help out so he had more than he needed. He would also load up some produce. meat (we butchered our own) or wheat and take to anyone he heard of that didn't have enough. He said that is why he had plenty because he shared with those who had little or nothing.
Jimmy

Link Copied to Clipboard